Click for Northern Lights Click for Comfort Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for MotorCheck

1971 63' Bertram Motor Yacht

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by partgypsy, Dec 10, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Robert Suarez

Robert Suarez New Member

She’s anchored of peanut island in West Palm Beach Florida. 4D61687B-7E08-4DCE-9771-0E763122A5E6.jpeg
    Highlandscott likes this.
  2. Giligan

Giligan Guest

We have one here in sw fla. No fly bridge needs rehab. Selling for 75$ i believe
  3. Asokere

Asokere New Member

Saludos, gracias por aceptarme en el Foro, soy de Venezuela, trabajo como vendedor de embarcaciones. Tengo un bertram 63 'internacional del año 1976 con motores Detroit diesel. Actualmente un motor está averiado pero está a la venta; Me gustaría saber cuál es el precio de estos barcos, más información como planos, si todos fueron fabricados en Japón etc. gracias
  4. Asokere

Asokere New Member

IMG_20201120_080638_445.jpg
  5. Asokere

Asokere New Member

Greetings, thank you for accepting me in the Forum, I am from Venezuela, I work as a boat salesman. I have a bertram 63 'international year 1976 with Detroit diesel engines. Currently an engine is damaged but it is for sale; I would like to know what the price of these boats is, more information such as plans, if they were all manufactured in Japan etc. thanks
  6. Asokere

Asokere New Member

IMG-20201120-WA0092.jpg
  7. DS Hogan

DS Hogan New Member

A lot of these 63’s seem to have Detroit’s. Any idea what they may have been model wise or HP
  8. Mike I.

Mike I. New Member

Envoy- the first 63 cruiser, 1970, had 1271t@595 hp. several others had cat 343’s, 1271n’s . later ones had 1271ti’s- more hp-i’m guessing 650?
    12n’s had 478 bhp. 343’s 460.
  9. DS Hogan

DS Hogan New Member

Thank your for the reply and the engine info. I have been looking at an early 70’s 63 ft Bertram. Something to modify into my own version of a long range exploration rig. I’m having a lot of trouble finding much information on their history to say the least.

so far, I cant seem to dertmine are these displacement hulls or semi displacement?
    On the engine, the vessel I have found lacks all the info in its listing and all it says is “Detroit’s” so I’m at a loss as to the likely model that would be in it.

Much appreciate anything you might know, or point me to for material and history, etc.
  10. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

They're semi-displacement. I wouldn't consider them a long range ocean crossing vessel as one would a Northern Marine, Nordhavn or similar.
  11. DS Hogan

DS Hogan New Member

Was considering it for Alaska and pacific north west and out the Aleutian chain in alaska for exploration. Seemed a good platform to build on and modify to my liking for a few years of exploration in this area. Can’t afford the nice explorers like nordhaven and others. A 60-70-footer works good for fitting a good tender on top and a folding wing seaplane (lightweight)
  12. Mike I.

Mike I. New Member

the previous info on this thread is accurate.the foreman in japan was “pete” petersen. the hulls were designed by ray hunt. deep vee with constant dead rise.achilles heel was the rot in the house and bridge. termites were a problem. corners were cut in later hulls because of cost.i refer you to motorboating and sailing magazine , June 1972- big article on 63 bertram houseboat style yacht-a lot of history and nuggets. most of what you are looking for regarding history
  13. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

In that Case, I'd also be looking at 58' Hatteras MY's and larger as well. IMO, a lot better platform for you. Not having to worry about rotted houses and termite issues and a lot more were built so easier to find.