Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

1969 38ft Chris Craft Roamer steel Saugatuck/Holland MI

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Irish788, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Irish788

Irish788 Guest

Im selling my classic 1969 38 ft Chris Craft Roamer which I bought last year to completely restore but things have changed and I don't have the time to restore it anymore. It has twin Ford 427 engines which are the same engines that are used in the Ford Shelby Mustangs. These Engine themselves are worth anywhere between $4000 and $7000 each. They only have 400 hours on them and they run great. The only issue with the boat is that when we had it surveyed at the end of the year the surveryor put a small hole about the size of a half dollar into the hull while using his "hammer". The boat is currently located in Saugatuck,MI which is about 15 miles South of Holland,MI where the Chris Crafts were originally built. So there are plenty of people still in the area who know all about this boat and could help with any questions in restoring it. Really the only issue with the boat is that it needs to be welded in that area and it could be restored to its original glory!!!

$13000 OBO
    As you can see this is a good price considering that similar boats are listed for

These pictures were taken in September 2008 when the Boat was still in the water and then in March 2009 when the Boat was out of the water.

[​IMG]

<br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]

<br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]
    <br>
    <br>
    [​IMG]
  2. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

This doesn't sound good. Is this a steel hull or aluminum hull? Where is this hole? Can you post a closeup picture of the hole?
  3. marine carrier

marine carrier New Member

Hi.

Is this boat still for sale?

If so please to hear and your telephon nr.

I will be travelling from tomorrow morning so if you can please call
    Im libing in Sweden so please add 6 hrs if you call..

Thansk in davance

Jan Lindbäck