Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander

1965 Hargrave Sportfish Yacht 48'

Discussion in 'Hargrave Yacht' started by fish, Feb 24, 2004.

1. fish

fish New Member

She was built in 1965, is 48 ft long, and is powered by twin cummins diesels reworked by Jackie Bivens. She is almost done with a major refinish, but since it is a boat, I guess you can never quite finish tinkering :)

Fish

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  2. fish

fish New Member

another...

Attached Files:

3. fish

fish New Member

another one...

Attached Files:

4. fish

fish New Member

yet another...

Attached Files:

5. fish

fish New Member

last one for now...

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hey Fish!

You should throw me overboard and toss me both ends of a safety line... I just saw these pictures of your Hargrave, "Miss Judie", for the very time time. I don't know how I missed these pictures, but man.... was I missing out!!! :(

This boat is absolutely beautiful! What an incredible restoration. I want to know more!! When was the re-fit done? How long did it take?

Very impressive! :cool:
  7. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Aluminum Hargrave SF

2001 design - all aluminum!
    45 foot Open Express - great design.
    (PS - Love that '65 pictured above - wow! :D )

Attached Files:

8. Pat555

Pat555 New Member

"Miss Judy"

Hi Fish--

I'm new to this site, so I'm not sure if my last posting 'stuck'...
    [this might be a duplicate, so bare with me!]

As one of Tommy Rybovich's four daughters, I have taken on the challenge of writing the first Rybovich book. I plan on going to press in October, and am still about 20 boats shy of the 79 built before his death / the sale of the boatyard in '76.

My ears perked up when I saw the "Miss Judy / "Hargrave" posting.
    Being that Jack Hargrave worked with my dad in the early days, I'm wondering if "Miss Judy" might be Rybovich Hull #59, launched in 1964 as Volador [and later named "Miss Judy"]

Fish, do you happen to know where "Miss Judy" was built? It would be great if she's one of my "RyboRenegades" and might be included in the book-
    My records show that "MIss Judy" was later named "Shelby Jean" and went off the radar since then, which makes me doubt that this is the same boat...but one can hope!

We have a Rybovich photo-shoot scheduled near Montauk August 16-17, so I'm on a search to find all of my dad's boats before we go to press!

Thanks for any info on where Miss Judy was built--finding boats and owners has become a full-time job! But I wouldn't have it any other way--

Thanks & all the best,
    Pat

PS If anyone would like to help find these 'renegades', I could post the list and see what happens-- perhaps offering a 'reward' of a complementary copy of the Rybovich book for people who are able to locate missing ol' gals?!

PPS The photo shoot is open to anyone who would enjoy seeing a half-dozen vintage Rybo's come together in Greensport [near Montauk] Aug 16-17.

We had over 20 vintage Rybo's at the "Rybovich Rendezvous" photo shoot last February near West Palm Beach. It became an awesome event and we'll be doing it again next February or March at the Rybovich boatyard there-

If anyone's interested in attending either Rybo-reunion, let me know and I'll share the details-

thanks!