spent the last couple days doing a removal work to get access to the bilge for proper repairs... I don't have a before pic on the bow and this was rough done with a grinder that is a little "too" potent for this old woman to handle so I am buying a 4.5 in grinder and putting away the 7 inch 1 hp 15 lb monstrosity. it's a quarter size hole in the bow... I need to get inside to finish prepping it for welding so... I started removing the vberth components and walls... and found things I am still scratching my head over... I have a before and after pic of "patch" I took off on the keel area midships. I haven't done any grinding on it yet. Just chipped off the body putty... but there is a "HUGE" amount of body putty in the bilge I have to remove so this is dry enough to work on and prime... The other two pics are of the vberth... the outstanding condition of the hull walls contrasting bleakly with the rusted areas where water stood for more years than I care to ask about. Surprisingly most of it is surface rust. .