Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for Perko

1958 Roamer 35 Express Cruiser restoration

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by wrenches74, Jan 3, 2010.

1. homer1958

homer1958 Member

No question.. it is!

Those airhorns up top could blow a couple heffer babes right off the plank!
  2. homer1958

homer1958 Member

These Roamers?

Man these gorgeous Roamers are popping up all over the place.. what's with that?

This one is cool looking.
  3. wrenches74

wrenches74 New Member

window treatment

Ok....another long day at work then another long evening with the sander......lol....at least i got rid of those ugly window curtain slides!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. wrenches74

wrenches74 New Member

a few more...in no particular order......thank god there is no rot behind the trim!

Attached Files:

5. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

Tim you did pull the bottom trim off didn't you? That's where I found all the rot on mine.

P8220014.JPG
  6. wrenches74

wrenches74 New Member

pulled the trim

Yes, Kenny, i did....after i saw how bad yours had rotted, i wasn't taking any chances.......but i guess from being undercover in the barn i found it in since about 1988 or so, there really wasn't any standing water from rain......but i really think i may copy-cat the ceiling in your boat...i love that wood ceiling...it's classy.....did you put that in???
  7. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

No Tim, the previous owner did. It might look good in the pictures but it needs to be done better. They warped from moisture. I like the wood ceiling and thought of re-doing it using thin wood flooring. Yana has done that on her 37' and it looks nice.
  8. q240z

q240z New Member

Tim, the boat's cleaning up very nicely. Good on ya!

On the big, old Connies pretty much all of the window-related rot one might find is caused by owners not keeping the drains clear. The rest of the boat might shine, but the out-of-sight dirt and moss build-up in the drains wreaks havoc eventually. For lack of an annual shot of water from a hose to clear the drain, water will run just as happily into the interior as it will onto the decks and off the boat. Being in a shed its whole life has been a real blessing for Dowager.
  9. wrenches74

wrenches74 New Member

the story continues.......

Hey, Fellas.....had to take a short hiatus from working on the Roamer...you know ....life happens with a wife, family and an 8 year old!!!!...got back to work this week on the boat......decided that i'd leave the interior work for the colder months, so i got to work on the cockpit deck and the helm......i'll try to compress the pics to post later.......:rolleyes: Tim