Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for MotorCheck Click for Comfort

1954 Roamer commercial hull

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by Larryw, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Larryw

Larryw New Member

Anyone here know of or have any of the boats built before or around the time of CC's aquasition of Roamer boats. I'm getting ready to buy back a 1954 Roamer which is titled as a CC Roamer and built as a ferry boat. 42' with an 11' beam with 671 power. Maybe there is a forum where they are.Thanks.
    LarryW
  2. Shangri-La

Shangri-La Senior Member

The Roamer Boat Company did build commercial boats around then but they were not Chris-Craft. Here's a posting a made a while back on a Roamer Tug Boat.
  3. Larryw

Larryw New Member

I saw that post. This boat is one I bought about 15 years ago from a fellow in Detroit MI and it was titled as a CC Roamer throught the state of MI. When I titled it down here in VA it stayed the same. He said, truth or not I don't know, it was a hull that was being built when CC bought out the Roamer boat division. Anyway I sold it a couple years ago and I'm going to buy it back. It was built as a sort of Ferry boat, 42' long 11' beam 5' draft with 671 for power. Hull lines are similar to that tug but it had a large open cabin with control station on front half and a large deck with ramp at the rear. Hull was a real 1/4" with diamond plate deck, solid.

I was just hoping to find a forum where some others with similar boats are.
    Thanks
    Larryw
  4. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

That sounds like a boat that my family used to own. I operated it in Chatham, Ontario under the name Niagara. Do you have photos?
  5. Larryw

Larryw New Member

[​IMG] Top is what it looks like now the bottom what it was.
    Larryw
  6. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

???
    Were there photos?
  7. Larryw

Larryw New Member

I'm not so smart with this stupid computer. I've got a before and after picture that I tried to post.
    Larryw