Click for Northern Lights Click for Delta Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

100bt Skipper

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Nemo4, Jul 20, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Nemo4

Nemo4 New Member

Free lense skipper looking for work on board.

Many years experence and many diferent skills.

Who is interested about me I will sent to him my CV.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Welcome to YF. You might want to be a little more detailed about your qualifications to attract interest.
    You used a couple of terms I'm not familiar with: 100 "BT", and "Free lense skipper". This may just be a translation thing, but if not, I'm curious.
  3. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

"Freelance" I would assume.
    Spellcheck is a great tool for non native English speakers...
  4. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Check his location he is in or from Serbia. The B in 100BT is Croation for "Bruto" or Gross as in Gross Tons. He has a Yachmaster 100 ton license and is looking for freelance work.

"Free lense skipper" Come on, even a schoolchild should get that one, hear it like you read it.

I wish my Croation was as good as his English.
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Figured the lense was meant to be lance, but thought the B might be bulk which is a term I'd never heard on licensing. Rather than assume though I saw an opportunity to expand my knowledge with the help of YF members and I did. "Bruto=Gross" Thanks for that. I've met very few Europeans who didn't have at least a basic knowledge of English. I'm jealous. Best I can do is know when I'm being cursed in Spanish, and a real small amount of French and Italian.:eek: But I'm still learning, especially here on YF.
  6. Nemo4

Nemo4 New Member

Freelance skipper

Okay guys I will say about me.

I am Serbian nacionality, English is non my native language.
    I have licence for Yachtmaster 100brt.

For sailingboat Offshore yachtmaster, sailing instructor, 3 times cross Atlantic ocean.
    Before I had a sailing school in Belgrade.
    I was on the bigest racing boat British Defender `84`.
    Hobby fishing tuna and sailing.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Now that should get you more attention. Good luck.
  8. Nemo4

Nemo4 New Member

Freelance skipper

I am the best skipper from Serbia.
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

With a statement like that I can only assume you are either looking for a medal or the chest to pin it on :)
  10. Nemo4

Nemo4 New Member

Freelance skipper

I think about experence no medal.

best
  11. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I hardly think someone with a 100 Ton Yachtmaster is the best Skipper from Serbia.

I am sure there are some others from Serbia who have spent a few years in a recognised Nautical Training Institute and have their names on a Masters Certificate with no restrictions who might also agree with me on this.
  12. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Very few who are the best at anything will say they're the best, because, the more you know, the more you realize that you're one screw up away from eating you words. Bragging is also a very unattractive quality. If you want to find work simple state you quals, maybe some accomplishments and leave the rest for your prospective employer to determine. I recieved a hat today from a client which says " CAPTAIN - is always right - and I'm the captain". I told her that now she has to convince all those who know me, and good luck with that. I have met a few Masters who never wanted to hear anyone's opinion unless it agreed with their own. I just waited for them to fall, and they always did. Be proud, be confident, but be humble because perfection doesn't exist.