Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Walker

What to look for?

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Satterly, Sep 18, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    Bad picture, but it looks like this: ssss.jpg
  2. Post Mayhem

Post Mayhem Member

I am not on Mayhem now, but I don't recall anything like that. I will be back in Virginia tomorrow and will search for it but I know it is not there, I have already done a drawing of the entire fuel system for my book (ex navy, have to have systems drawings, forces of habit!)
  3. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

No fuel priming pump on my 43 either. STB motor is going to the rear tank which makes it a long fuel pickup run. Maybe you can remove the hose under the cockpit floor and get it partially out the hatch to try and fill it some? Or get suction on the outlet of the Dahl to pull it? Gen hose is smaller and may be an easier fitting to work with since both come off that primary filter.
  4. Post Mayhem

Post Mayhem Member

Thanks everyone. My son called and said he bit the bullet (fitting) and siphoned the fuel back up to the Dahl. In the morning I will finish with the filters and head.
  5. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

try installing a Walbro fuel priming pump, you wont ever have to worry about that again
  6. Post Mayhem

Post Mayhem Member

Hey Capt J, I hauled the boat to change seacocks as recommended in survey. Had oysters growing inside the screen box external to hull. Used full flow Greco valves and have much better flow and better temps. I am planning a back flush thru the S/W system next. Already did the genset and wow what a difference! Thanks for the advice on starting at the valve!