Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

what does my hull number reflect?

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by about time, May 6, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Don't be so sure about that.

If you shut the air off to a DD 2 Stroke that is going full bore you might be unlucky enough to get the blower oil seals pulled inside out which will hinder the stopping for sure.

When doing my apprenticeship it was std practice when doing a top tune or other work on the fuel/timing/control system to have the blower screen off and a handful of rags available in event of a runaway so the blower shaft could be broken ( it is designed to be weak point in the drive) , this will definitely stop the engine.

DD's start in the full throttle position, if there is anything done that prevents the fuel rack control rod ( Inline) or rods (V Engine) coming back to idle you are going to have fun.
  2. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

17 yrs with the same boat, WOW sounds like a satisfied customer to me.

I was alittle startled myself when I did the math..............:eek:
    I came from more humble boats and the Post was a pretty nice step up.
    I had never kept a boat more than a couple/few years.....
    I have considered a newer one but my wife and I both find this boat very comfortable and affordable so I felt like all I would be getting was bigger insurance bills and another payment to make.
    Also I like the style and the look of this boat. Seems timeless to me.
    Maintenance is key I suppose and also starting with a quality product to begin with helps as well.

Any problems with the bottom? blisters, stress points, corrosion around through hulls?

Apparently there was a blister problem before I bought the boy. the PO had the bottom shaved and re-glassed. the contractor who did the work was a local guy with a great reputation. I was able to speak with him prior to buying.
    No problems since then ( must light candle to blister gods now ...)

No other major problems other than maintenance stuff.
    I have replaced both turbos and both exhaust ELLs

NYCAP, thanks for that info, I hope I can find it in 50 yrs. or so when I retire and make the loop myself !!!:)
  3. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Man, I hope I never am around for that.
    I once coaxed a DD to start with WD40 in the airsep.When it took off it really took off and I nearly had an accident in my drawers.
    It layed right down when I stopped the WD and the guys tutoring me got a real laugh.
    Me, not so much.....

K1W1, have you heard of many run away DD's ?
  4. steven kennedy

steven kennedy New Member

for what ever its of help..my 76 42 has a tag attached just above the stbd. exhaust port on stern its hard to see if not out of water. you will also find the fed. doc # ingraved or painted in engine room. post usually put it on the vertical stanchion.. this should be your fed registration ID.