Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker

Trumpy Yachts

Discussion in 'Trumpy Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jan 12, 2004.

1. alan toone

alan toone New Member

Thank you for kind ness, it gives be two leads. I already have an extensive archive. I like to go into fine detsail so this is promising. I spent the years with Lloyds s o confidentiality is my middle name.
  2. alan toone

alan toone New Member

Thanks for your help Eric. I already have the Toft book. No line drawings unfortunately but will try the Annapolis lead. I will keep you posted on my progress. Do you know the name of the company in Florida who was going to start building them. I believe it never got off the ground Kind regards Alan.
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Perhaps my terminology is what's lacking. When I said "line drawing" this is what I had in mind. This is from the Trumpy book. May I ask which build # boat (or boat name) you wish to make a model of?

The "new" Trumpy group, now defunct, never built a boat. They were, as far as I can recall, from Rhode Island.

Attached Files:

4. oceangal

oceangal New Member

Sea Hammock update

The most recent information on her that I can find in this thread is from 2007 right after the accident (some 2006 pictures were posted in 2009). It is now 2016 and she is for sale. Any impartial information on the last decade would be most appreciated.
  5. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

She is in need of a complete refit, and happily she is sitting in the perfect yard to accomplish that refit: Moores Marine. She was one of the most beautiful Trumpys ever built, kept in very good, and very original condition until her last owner spent millions at Rybovich in an attempt to turn her into a redneck sport fish. At least the sinking destroyed some of that! For someone who wants to own one of the best post war Trumpys, and likes projects, she is the ideal boat.
    Best,
    Maldwin
  6. ScottSchaible

ScottSchaible New Member

Hey guys, I am currently going a documentary on the Yacht 'Lady Margaret' and am in the search for any and all information on her Lady Maragret.jpg She was in fact a Trumpy, however the hull name might have changed making it hard to tract down. She sank in 1976. Any information would greatly help!
  7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Hello Scott, Welcome to YachtForums. I have paged through some Trumpy info that I have on hand and find none of the pre war boats with Lady Margaret as a last or former name. If you know any other info such as year built, length, or build # would be helpful. I'm pretty good at these puzzles - I just need a few more pieces. Anything else you know about her?
  8. ScottSchaible

ScottSchaible New Member

From the info I have she was a little over 100ft, she was docked out of Groose Point Yacht Club in the 1970. she was owned by John McGoff who owned Panax, previously she was owned by a Maryland Governor. FDR would frequently come aboard to the point they installed an elevator for him. she sank off the coast of north Carolina. Thats pretty much all the facts I was able to get.
  9. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

The date and size roughly line up with a yacht that had been owned in 1977 by the Governor's Club in Baltimore and called "Governors Lady". She was 101' built in 1930 as "Silver Moon II" under contract # 203. Her O/N 229497. I see no reference to the name "Lady Margaret" or owner John McGoff. Her other names were "Masquerader", "Aras"and "Fransu". The information that I have says that she sank off NC in 1985. This may not be the same boat but I can't find another one with a similar "story".
  10. ScottSchaible

ScottSchaible New Member

After i last wrote you i found out that John Mcgoff didn't personally own her but one of his companies did, she sank in 1976 of the coast of NC. is it possible that this could still be the same boat.
  11. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Interesting. May I ask what is the source for your information?
  12. ScottSchaible

ScottSchaible New Member

13. Manusel

Manusel Member

Attached Files:

14. Manusel

Manusel Member

Another brokerage ad for trail:

Attached Files:

15. Manusel

Manusel Member

Trail dining saloon

Attached Files:

16. Manusel

Manusel Member

Trail stateroom

Attached Files:

17. Manusel

Manusel Member

Trail after 1954 rebuild

Attached Files:

18. Manusel

Manusel Member

19. Manusel

Manusel Member

Actually it's a pretty good view of the Trumpy signature "tunnel" stern that allowed for the shallow draft that made Mathis/Trumpy houseboat yachts so popular and versatile.