Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker

The "Sea Deuce" 65 Donzi hull #4 - SOLD!

Discussion in 'Donzi/Roscioli Yacht' started by Bamboo, Dec 19, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

We are hauled out to change the cutlass bearings on both main struts as well as the intermediates. Minor other work as well. Back in the water in under a month.
  2. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Attached Files:

3. EJ man

EJ man New Member

Looking good, this has to be one of the best cared for boats on the market. It's really sad to see how many owners decide to sell and just let them go to S_ _ _ t , glad to see that's not the case for this beautiful donzi, the next owner is going to be very lucky
  4. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I called SeaWorthy Services and asked if they didn't like me ... because they were already done with the bearing replacement job and maybe they were trying to hurry me out of there, lol. Props/shafts/struts still looked great with the propspeed from Viking in the spring- we just didn't have the time to do the bearings then. Of course it was taken off the shafts so they will get a new coating. New shaft packing, and soon new turbo heat blankets and some new ME air filters. Minor glitch in the UW lights fixed and same with one trim tab. If you want to see the boat out of the water now's the time!
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

The next owner will be even smarter to keep the captain.
    If he is still available, THAT'S LUCK...( or lots more money)
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

On a S GA budget (dreams),, Please post some pretty girl shots....

,rc
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Oh, that shaft looked low in that strut.
    ,rc
  8. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Looks are
    Looks are deceiving, and I need a better camera than my iphone 4, lol.
    The toughest part of this industry is finding a good owner; mine is a great owner who I've been with for 11 years. He said that I'll be available for a generous time period to help the new owner getting comfortable.
    However I have told a potential buyer that they can make an offer on me as well.... :) Nothing happens without an offer.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  9. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Thank you for post and observations.
  10. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

New steering ram; one of two in the lazzarette (the other one is a 5(?) years old). The old one lasted since before I was on the boat but the shaft was slightly pitted and the seal had a pinhole leak. No point in resealing a 12 year old ram since steering is kinda important... ;)

New macerator evacuation pump for the live well, and a bit back I replaced the 12v live well pump as well. Note to self: don't clean the labels with Spray 9.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  11. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Bamboo,

I've reduced a number of your pics to manageable sizes in this thread, but I can't keep up with you. Please use a photo editing program to reduce your pics to no larger than 800 pixels. It's important for us all to remember that a lot of owners and captains are on satnav and oversize images use up costly bandwidth.

Thanks!
  12. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sorry- I cropped most all of the pics so that when I post them they don't automatically get rejected with the "file to large". I know how to keep the boat in super shape but I need lessons in how to make pics less than 800 pixels. Again my apologies.
  13. YachtForums

No worries! I edit pics every day to keep things tidy, but you were getting ahead of me. ;)

I use Photoshop, but you don't need anything fancy to reduce image size. Your camera should have come with an imaging program? Maybe someone else can suggest some freeware on the web.
  14. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

IMG_4305 (2).JPG IMG_4309 (2).JPG IMG_4308 (2).JPG IMG_4306 (2).JPG

Are thumbnails ok? My camera is my iphone4; I don't see settings to make the pics take up less pixels.

Notice the spring time applied propspeed on the strut vs the new on the shaft and propeller. New green bottom paint on the trim tabs, rudders and intakes. Of course I pulled the screens and painted the inside. Rest of the paint was good to go.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  15. YachtForums

Thumbs will do for now if you can't reduce the pics, but they are still 2000 pixels in size, therefore the bandwidth issue remains. I think there are multiple photo-editing apps for the iPhone, but i haven't looked.
  16. RER

RER Senior Member

If your iPhone photos are too large to upload you can reduce them by emailing from your albums to yourself and when doing so select a reduced size. The reduced emailed photo can then be uploaded from your iPhone albums.

At least that's how I do it.
  17. Gray-Sea

Gray-Sea Member

Bamboo -

Capt J was kind enough to point me to this thread. I spoke with the broker today, and we have a flight to Florida planned next month to look at a few boats, including this one.

This thread has increased our interest in your "little" boat.

I haven't been VERY active here over the years, but I lurk a lot and I can't believe I never saw this thread!
  18. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

seminole Nov 2015 hull.jpeg Last pic before we launch...
  19. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Ah, the Old Seminole yard. I used to run boats in/out of PGA Gardens Many years ago.
    They always treated us very well then.
  20. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

After all the arguments here on YF, Your nuts (prop nuts) are still on wrong.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.