Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights

Stateroom ceiling hatch

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by SplashFl, Aug 6, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Been on an unsuccessful search for an inside sliding type cover to very the amount of light that comes through the hatch lens instead of my "tacky" looking Hatch Statroom.jpg towel on the screen, if anyone can help ??
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Lay a piece of cardboard or heavy paper the shape of the screen on the screen like your towel.
    You can get fancy with a tracked blind, but I would keep it simple with a piece of roll up (fold up) paper or vinyl.
  3. dewald

dewald Member

Stay tuned guys! I have a simple way to fix the problem. Unfortunately, I leave early in the Am to run a dog show in Tampa all week. I will post when I get back, what I did to solve the problem that the wife approved.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Buy a bigger boat?
  5. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

I cut a piece of thin material with nautical designs and attached some self stick Velcro on the 4 sides to see how that works out but won't be home from the yard for several weeks to try. A tracked blind was what I've been looking for; ideally one that could mount inside the area but the roughly 12" square size was an issue.
  6. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

Oceanaire makes a thing called a Skyscreen. Now a Dometic company.

-Chris