Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Westport

Sirena 68 feedback

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by CSWO, Dec 4, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CSWO

CSWO New Member

I’m heading to Florida to sea trial a Sirena 68. I’m looking for input from anyone who has run these boats or had to deal with the factory on any service items. I’m also considering the Absolute 68 (but hesitant about pods) and several Princess boats (but struggling with interior headroom). I would appreciate any feedback on sea handling, build quality, and support from Sirena.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

3. CSWO

CSWO New Member

Thanks for the link. I’ve read that thread and would still be interested if anyone has had any recent experience with the 68 model, since Sirena seems to continue to improve each model they introduce.
  4. jsschieff

jsschieff Senior Member

I just read a short review of a new Sirena -- I think it was in either the most recent Passagemaker or Power & Motoryacht but not certain. The author took it out into 3-5 footers off Ft. Lauderdale and said the flybridge and entire boat were drenched by spray constantly due to the fine, plumb bow and lack of flare. Boat magazines have to be extremely cautious in what they say about boats they review but the author made it quite clear the Sirena was quite a handful heading downsea and even worse in quartering seas. I was surprised by the candid appraisal since I was a writer at a boat magazine eons ago and had at least one boat test I did on a horrible-handling boat quashed and redone by more lenient staff members.
    CSWO likes this.
  5. CSWO

CSWO New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the insight.