Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Furuno

Silverton 38 Sport Bridge equipment

Discussion in 'General Sport-Yacht Discussion' started by Martin Kim, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Martin Kim

Martin Kim New Member

Hi, I'm a newbie from South Korea.
    I bought an used Silverton 38 sport bridge a few months ago, and fully enjoyed this season. Now it's time to touch up some details for the next summer(Thanks God, the engine and electric system works fine. I just have to upgrade some equipment for now).

There is a lot of things to do, but firstly I wanna change the cabin window curtains to blinds.

http://silvertonyachts.us/models/38SB08/38SBequipment08.html

According to the equipment list above, there is a suitable blind('custom blinds' under 'cabin amenities). I've tried several times to contact the Silverton corporation, but I've got no response yet. Does anyone know the manufacturer or a retailer who handles this blinds?
  2. SeaLion

SeaLion Senior Member

Gioia Sails in NJ probably made all the soft goods for that boat. You could ask them. (Gioia is pronounced "JOY uh" by the way) You might think twice about blinds, which can rattle quite a bit.
  3. Martin Kim

Martin Kim New Member

Hi SeaLion,

Thanks for your advice. I contacted Gioia Sails yesterday, and they told me that they don't handle this kind of blinds. Instead I've got a list of boat blind makers to contact. There are some neighbors in the harbor who has blinds in their boats. I'll ask them the pros and cons and decide it more carefully.

Thanks again for your help.