Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning

Replacing Wallpaper in Heads on my 46...Painting Teak

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by hughdunlop, Feb 13, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

I am wondering if the wallpaper in the heads of my boat are something specifically for a marine application...The 1993 Miami Airport colors have got to go lol .....

As well , the paint is coming off the teak trim around the back of the house , I will strip it but would like to know if there is a proper product / procedure to refinish it....

Attached Files:

2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Posts really are good looking boats!
  3. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
  4. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

Thank you sir , I am looking into Vinyl T & H , what brand did you find suited you ?
  5. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
  6. hughdunlop

hughdunlop Member

I have just gotten a great deal on 65 Ft2 of 3 " Nu-Teak . It will likely be used in the heads and maybe the staterooms , I will likely purchase 2.25 " for the salon.......Not sure of the wall paper replacement yet....
  7. PtJudeRI

PtJudeRI Senior Member

As far as the wallpaper, look at commercial grade stuff, or vinyl. It will take the abuse over the years and deal with the humidity. Make sure to get an adhesive that is designed for bathroom applications (stands up to heat/steam/water/humidity). This will minimize mold and peeling as best possible. I have seen a few new boats with fancy linen wallpapers and the like. Id love (or hate) to see them in 5-7 years.
  8. Beau

Beau Senior Member

The neutral beige, textured vinyl wall paper we have from an 18 year old factory install still looks and cleans great. Some edge areas are breaking free, so I will have to finger out how that gets efficiently reglued. But 18 years of service is a long time! IF I had to replace it, I would use exactly what was installed