Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn

Offshore guys... What is this?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Mar 23, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Spotted this on the intracoastal in Pompano. It's NOT one of Craig Barrie's boats. Anyone know what this is?

Attached Files:

2. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Ok, so that was my first answer. As a matter of fact, that was my only answer LOL. The hard top looks exactly like one of his new boats but the hull is quite unique
  3. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Can't tell for sure...

..., but it almost looks like a catamaran from here.
  4. YachtForums

The angle of the pic DOES make it look like a cat... but it's dog. ;)
    (little offshore humor)
  5. catmando

catmando Senior Member

That is the sistership to the Ice Marine 35' Bladerunner. The Bladerunner51. It is being built here and I've sent an email to Ice trying to find out who the builder is but no reply after almost a week. :confused:

They decided to build the 51 in the States because they feel it will sell better here. Gas is much higher over there. The 35 was designed for twin OBs only and is selling nicely in Britain.

No pics on Ice Marine's site yet. I'm very surprised the Ice site doesn't have pics. I would love to see the cabin, it must be HUGE.

Here are more pics and renderings so you can see what the hull looks like.

www.roundbritainrecord.com
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  6. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Caterpillar C10s are being installed on the Bradstone Challenger. For pleasure use I would install 1500hp turbines and BPM shaft drives. The C10s weigh almost 3800lbs EACH. The Lycoming T53 turbines weigh 500lbs each. A no-brainer IMHO.
  7. YachtForums

I don't think this is the BladeRunner. This wasn't a tri-hull configuration, it was a pure Deep-V. It looked closer to the sub-50 foot range. I may be wrong... it sounds like you've done your homework.
  8. YachtForums

Here's a picture of the Bradstone Challenger. From this angle you can see... they are not the same boats. So where does this leave us?

Attached Files:

9. catmando

catmando Senior Member

The canopies look almost identical, but the hulls forward don't look the same. Hmmm.... :confused: Pompano eh? Hmmm...
  10. YachtForums

Here's a close-up on the logo, but it's too pixelized to be legible. It reads "power" something. Does the logo look familiar to anyone?

Attached Files:

11. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

Whow! The first pic of this boat since years!!! :D

You have seen a Ferretti 48 High Performance! I don't know, how many F 48HP's have been built, but the Hull is from Fabio Buzzi and the superstructure from Ferretti.
    Loa: 14,95m
    Beam: 3,4m
    2-3x Seatek 6-4V-9 (pro 600 HP)
    2-3x Trimax-Drives
    Rolla-Cleaver-6Blade
    V-max: 52 kts / 60 kts with 3 motors
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here is another rare Buzzi creation, built as a one-off in Kevlar by Ilver in 1989.
    She is 46 feet, has two SeaTek 600 hp with Buzzi Surface drives for 55 knots top speed. The canopy could be removed so you might have seen her as an open cockpit somewhere...

Attached Files:

13. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

Here is an infoview (drawing) of the Ferretti 48 HP. The logo at the side and aft is the typical Ferretti-Logo with golden oakleaves. Carl, Do you have more pics?

Attached Files:

14. YachtForums

Hi Ernst,

Sorry, that was the only picture I took. I intended to take more, but I spotted the boat forward of our bow and had to zoom-in to get the picture above. We were still in an idle speed zone when he hit the throttles... never to be seen again. I'll try to do better next time. :)
  15. catmando

catmando Senior Member

Quick thinking and action on that pic Carl. You ain't too old yet!! :p :D Always good to have a camera at hand, you never know what you're gonna see on the water. Gotta be a bird dog! :D
  16. YachtForums

Thank you Viking 58!

Well that confirms it. I thought Craig Barrie's Dragon was the first, but it appears not. :(

Promocean... was this boat a "one-off", or did they build multiple hulls?
  17. catmando

catmando Senior Member

What are you saying?? :confused:
  18. YachtForums

I thought Craig's boat was the first with this "partial-cabin" look. When I spotted this Ferretti, I thought someone adapted his design. Having another boat in the marketplace with a similar look will only help consumer acceptance.

BTW... Craig and I are old friends. Years after racing boats, we rode MotoCross bikes together. He and his kids are still active in the sport. Recently, I was at his office and we reflecting on "how fast we once were... but the taste of hospital food is no longer appealing".
  19. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

Carl, I don't know, how many they have built. But there must be more than one, cause the boat from Viking's link is sold in Turkey. Maybe anyone has an old Ferretti catalogue. Though I haven't seen the F48 in any catalogue yet.
    And the Ferretti-people don't speak about this racer. Similar problem is with the Riva Ferrari. You can ask for these boats, but get no answer. I've tried it several times.