Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Cross

Nice classic 82’ for sale, built 1962..

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Norseman, Sep 12, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Not mine, but I been drooling for 27 minutes watching the video presentation with the bubbly little blond maiden showing it.

The price would be a bargain if the boat could pass a special survey for a class inspection.
    (Hull thickness would be The Factor on this one)

Then there is all the exterior varnish, a big no-no, unless the blonde comes with the boat and promised to take care of the varnish. (Dear Santa)

2. Fjol70

Fjol70 New Member

Maintaining a boat of this age and with that much external wood seems expensive in the US or large parts of the EU.

Seems like a boat that would do better in a place where the cost of basic labor is a lot lower. Both the Thais and the Turks are good at wood as I understand it, I'm sure there are other places out there as well.

Parts of South America might work as well?

Sales listing:
    https://www.**************/yacht/1963-classic-fairmiles-8691753/

Sadly there comes a time when a yacht is too old to keep running without a highly dedicated sugar daddy.
  3. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Yeah heard that as well:
    When living on my wooden boat in the Caribbean, the local shipwrights said to sail
    down to Venezuela to have a new teak deck laid, with the bonus of being South of the hurricane belt.
    (No money for insurance in my younger days, every hurricane season was a gamble: A few months after I sold the boat, hurricane Hugo did a number on it. Timing is everything..)
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

This woman is still as annoying as ever… I had to turn the volume down!

I love this boat. She’s just a few piers away from us and we pass by everytime we go out. I ve always wondered why she’s sitting stern up, I had seen the drums but wondered why. The channel into the marina is about 8 to 9’ MLW, I wonder what she draws.

that said, she is a dock queen and I don’t think I have ever seen her going out all these years.

she s the last classic here at Dinner Key. There used to be a 60’ steel Feadship on my pier which left a few years ago. Also on my pier there used to be a 110/115 classic steel yacht similar to this one. She was shipped to Italy years ago as well. She actually damaged the concrete tee head during a hurricane, I think it was Wilma… her hull only had a dent
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I don't even open the video. The finger-nail on the chalk board is a comfort verses her voice.
    SFB twit is a waist of eye-sight also.

Still, they stay on line and make some bux despite real boater folks can't stand them.

Humm
    Re-read my last line...
    Does this have any value, any more??
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

blonde and short dresses. Guaranteed clicks and followers.
  7. Fjol70

Fjol70 New Member

The "Blonde" keeps popping up in my YouTube feed from time to time, but I don't think I have ever finished watching a video with her. Too annoying.

Draft:
    Yachtcharterfleet has her at 9'10
    https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-46769/mongoose.htm
    While listing at Boat.com has a max draft of 8 ft 2 in
    https://www.boats.com/power-boats/1963-classic-fairmiles-8691753/
    Difference between the bottom of the hull and her rudder if that is the lowest point?

Having read RossC recent trials and tribulation along ICW I would assume that she would have a too deep draft to do the ICW? Would assume she would have a lot of trouble in part of Bahamas as well?

Assuming she ever makes it off the dock that is.

There is a photo of her out on the water in the listings, but something seems a bit off. Could just be a long zoom lens and some effects from that and cropping, but it feel like it was taken with a much older camera than the rest of pictures in the listing. Like say a digital from 15+ years ago?
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  8. Fjol70

Fjol70 New Member

Posting bikini pictures all over social media probably helps also:
    NautiStyles1.jpg
    NautiStyles2.jpg

Russian bottle blonde actress from St. Petersburg it looks like:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1833710/
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  9. Fjol70

Fjol70 New Member

With fear of this becoming political, be careful what you wish for.

There will probably be a lot of slightly used mail order brides available if Putins 3 days war ever comes home to truly roost in Moscow and St. Pete.

Their slim frames and nice general appearance are one of the few redeeming qualities of the Moscow and St. Pete princesses.
  10. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Russian? For some reason I thought she was Dutch.

Shhh, don’t tell Jeff Bezos, they will be on Amazon Prime soon with FREE Returns within 30 days, No Questions Asked. :cool:
  11. Fjol70

Fjol70 New Member

12. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

6 to 6 1/2 is really the limit for many sections of the ICW

on the Bahamas once you hit 7’ you loose about 50% of the best anchorages it you have to stay further offshore. Same with some marinas, for instance won’t get into Staniel from the bank at low tide with 7’
    Fjol70 likes this.
  13. Fjol70

Fjol70 New Member

No wonder she is a dock-queen then.

Really sounds like a boat that would work better in another part of the world, somewhere with deeper waters nearby and cheaper hourly wages than Florida for all the basic upkeep she needs with so much wood.

Wonder how much it would cost to make her truly seaworthy again?
  14. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Probably cheaper to purchase another boat that has less draft & not wore out.
    Then donate this boat for an artificial reef somewhere.

We have already witnessed to many yard queens that started re-builds, that years later, ended up as scrap.
    Fjol70 likes this.
  15. jsschieff

jsschieff Senior Member

I'm actually a fan of the Nauti-Styles YouTube channel. They've done YouTube tours of a variety of boats and yachts and they do a pretty good job in my opinion. The husband Rico explains some of the engine and mechanical systems fairly well, and the tours are reasonably thorough. The couple have done so well financially on YouTube and through some other ventures that they are in contract to build a 75' Bering steel trawler. The YouTube series on the how and why of the Bering custom yacht design and build has been really fascinating for anyone who has an interest in custom yacht design and build. I think their new yacht is maybe a year away from splashing.
    leeky likes this.
  16. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I m sure they ve done well financially, like many others on social media. She is still very annoying in my opinion.

it s like the other blonde… supercar blondie. No matter how quickly I close her videos when they pop up, they keep coming back.
  17. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Good to hear positive feedback,
    I seen a few previous videos from that channel but no idea what the agenda was: Are they in the broker business, or crewing as an Engineer/Wife team, or building up YouTube clicks? No idea but hat off to them if successful enough to buy a big boat and go cruising on their own..

(Hopefully not as slaves of the YouTube accounts to finance their new hobby)

Some years ago I followed this couple sailing around the world on a small sailing catamaran, no experience and always getting in trouble with everything documented on YouTube.
    I quit watching their saga when they ******* about no pizza delivery at a remote Pacific Island.
    https://www.bumfuzzle.com/adventure/

Looks like they survived and even procreated with babies, then getting into power boats.
  18. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Do you mean aside from not having a clue about what they are talking about?

In one of their recent video, they toured a "VZ 56 FLY" - at least, that's what they said.
    Now, VZ is an Italian boatbuilder based near Venice, whose boats I happen to know like the back of my hand, but I suppose not very common in the US.
    And they did have in their lineup a VZ 56 fly, but that is much smaller and radically different from the model in their video, which in fact was called VZ 18. A boat that was even larger than her name suggests (18 metres=59 feet), because she was actually 64 feet long, and more than one foot beamier than the VZ 56. In fact, the couple kept commenting throughout the video how impressive the interior spaces were for a 56 footer - quelle surprise! :D

Mind, I appreciate that probably there's plenty of experienced boaters also here in the forum who, being based in the US, never heard of VZ as a boatbuilder, let alone of the differences between their models.
    BUT, it would have taken them less than a minute to google for VZ in any used boats website, and immediately realize that the boat they were going to board was not the 56, because the style of the whole superstructure is radically different.
    Besides, I struggle to understand how - forgetting how the model is labelled - anyone can't see the forest for the trees, to the point of insisting that the boat is a very spacious 56 footer, without realizing that they are actually onboard a 64'... o_O
  19. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

But they entertain and make money on lube-tube.
    As a movie actor; I played a doctor on TV, I'm here to help.

Some poor kid above just admitted he liked their videos.
    Bless him.
    There is help available if needed.
  20. leeky

leeky Senior Member

You didn't provide the whole story about their supposed cluelessness. The boat and her accompanying paper work were provided by Denison Yachting (broker). If you would have read the comments on the YouTube page you would have seen this: "She has a LOT of volume for her size (actually as we chatted with the lovely owners she has an LOA of 65', but her paperwork says 56' "