Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights

Manhattan 68 vs Galeon 640

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Yoni1982, Jun 19, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I m not sure I ll take a brokers word about damage extent.. :)

problem with boat fires is that we never really learn where the fire started so it’s impossible to say that the fire was caused by an owner or mechanic crative wiring. I think we can all agree it s unlikely that a fairly new boat has been modified

as much as I agree about the need for survey, surveys can’t find everything. Very few surveyors will open sealed panels to inspect wiring. I ve seen so many thing not found on surveys that could not be found until you actually work on the boat for a few weeks or months.
  2. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Frankly speaking, it's not like being unaware of that ever made me lose any sleeep.
    But thanks for bringing that to my attention anyway, whatever the reason.
  3. Scott Felstad

Scott Felstad Member

Am friends with owner at Wrightsville Beach Marina when first 2018 Sunseeker 66 had an electrical fire in his slip and know the details very well. You seem to know what happened to the second one when being moved from the Bahamas to Miami as my friend in NC (same person) was flying to south Florida to look at boat #2. Just saying..........
  4. ameriboat

ameriboat New Member

5. ameriboat

ameriboat New Member

I would like to speak to you regarding the Schaefer 66 that you have. I am looking at a used one and would love some input on the vessel
  6. Pizzazz7

Pizzazz7 New Member

The Sunseeker 68 is a good boat. I do not like the profile and that it has too many cabins (4) but it handles well. If you want higher quality/luxury, consider the Riva Ribelle 66. In general, these Med style boats are designed for stern dockings which may not be optimal for the Bahamas. However, in terms of layout and style they are much more appealing to me than the American boats.