Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

Lürssen Yacht SKAT; Message in a Bottle

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Yacht News, Jan 27, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

A message in a bottle from the superyacht "Skat" was recently found. A crew member threw it overboard in an Atlantic Crossing in 2007 and eight years later the message in a bottle washed up on a beach in France. The letter, dated December 8 2007 was one of four messages in a bottle that were released while the yacht was in transit from Gibraltar to Antigua. Two persons found one of the messages in France recently and as directed in the letter they contacted the crew member. For their efforts they were sent Skat T-shirts.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I just moved this post from the SKAT thread in the Lurssen forum to the General Discussion forum. If the person that found this Message in a Bottle finds this thread, post a pic of the message and the bottle and we'll send you a free YachtForums T-shirt.
  3. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I had a crew member send a mid-Atlantic marriage proposal in a bottle. He wrote it in several different languages, and there were specific instructions for the finder to forward it to his (then) girlfriend in the US. This was in 2012, so I suppose there is still hope for it to reach her. Although they are now married.
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Kids these days... full of creativity, but no patience. :rolleyes:
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Now this is cool. Great idea and good fun.
    Smiles to all. :)

I like the YF T-shirt plan also.
  6. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I found the message but my camera is messed up. Can I still have a XL T-shirt? :)
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I got the empty bottle (lots of them).