Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander

Jon Bannenberg

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2009.

1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

That was many questions. She was pretty big and not like ordinary white yachts to start with. Perhaps she is not the most beautiful yacht, but she really stands out and when you are close, you can see the finish and the details better. The blue perspex is one such detail.

Attached Files:

2. Octavian

Octavian New Member

I see. So the innovative features were mainly her colour scheme and size, and not so much elements of her superstructure? And i agree, up close she is magnificent. (saw her in monaco this summer:) )
  3. Ray23

Ray23 New Member

Live on the plains, nearest port I visit is Port A
    You might have come across this article in Power and MotorYacht magazine; also has a extensive list of his designs. I would also email Dickie Bannenberg, I've had good response from him.

[ Sorry, Can't fix the link for some reason, Do a search at Power and Motoryacht magzine's site and you should find it. ]
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

As the article link is a non runner try putting power and motoryacht magazine jon bannenberginto a Google search and you will find a few
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

There might be a reason why you can't fix that link.;)
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Ray23- The Administrator and website Owner of Yacht Forums has chosen to disable the ability to post certain websites here.
  7. nilo

nilo Senior Member

paraiso

During the Cannes Boat show I had the chance to visit "Paraiso"; which as to my knowledge was the start of Bannenberg revolution. She is still in relatively good condition and awaiting the owner who would have the passion to care for her.

http://www.camperandnicholsons.com/sales/search/-/page/sales-yacht-profile/yid/4627/st/1/

There are several good details in her design, but I have to admit that there are also several compromises in the space utilization in today’s standards.

She is still a very attractive lady though. I hope she finds a good home. By the way the present owners are very keen for a quick sale.
  8. Ray23

Ray23 New Member

Live on the plains, nearest port I visit is Port A

Thanks, Just about have all the egg off my face now :)
  9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

If not the start, so at least a part. She was built a decade later than Carinthia/The One, and was a twin sister to Azteca. Both aluminium constructions and built at the same time by the two Feadship yards, De Vries and Van Lent. Both were for the same Mexican owner who later built Eco, where Martin Francis reused some of the lines from the Paraiso design.
  10. Maver

Maver New Member

Hi,

You possibly could look to the the yacht Cedar Sea, one of his early nice designs, also Feadship and Luerssen in the North of Germany did build more yachts from Jon Bannenberg!

Regards,

Maver,
    The Netherlands
  11. pierberio

pierberio New Member

in thi forum "YACHT & BOAT FORUM -> MOTOR YACHT -> feadship" you will find a selections of old motoryachts by Van Lent and De Vries.
    Regards
  12. pierberio

pierberio New Member

here you can find two yachts I saw in Venice:
    some sources: Bath Iron Works, Defoe Shipbuilding,
    Naval Historical Center (U.S. Department of Navy) has many Photos of yachts used as patrol boats in WWII.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  13. babybear

babybear New Member

jon bannenbergs project b

Hi I have a jon bannenberg preliminary technical drawing of Project B (1994) and was interested to find out more about it. Would be most grateful if anyone could help.
    Thanks
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Does it have a yard or project No assigned to the Drawing anywhere?

I was involved in a couple of Bannenburg Projects in the late 80's Technical Drawings were definitely not the strong point back then.
  15. babybear

babybear New Member

project B

Thanks for quick reply!
    I would not really know where/what to look for, could I possibly email you pictures of it.
    Thanks
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I will send you a PM with my e mail addy.