Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Mulder

Hubbard - Boat propulsion genius or LSD tripper?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by trouty, Jul 6, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. trouty

trouty New Member

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Trouty!

Haven't heard from you in a while. Nice to see you back on the board and with something very interesting... as usual!

This is not one of my areas of expertise, however I had heard of research into "silent drive" motors, as they were nick-named down communication channels, during my tenure at Ameriquest, a research group funded by the Department of the Navy.

It's not surprising that Hubbard's work was hushed. We've all heard of this (too often) with emerging technologies that can have a profound impact on economies that may be threatened by the same.

The FDA and the AMA in this country have enormous control over substances that have proven beneficial (and legal in many countries), but could hurt the more accepted (read: profitable) forms of medicine.

Another incident that comes to mind is Preston Tucker and the automobile he created. It was so far ahead of its time that General Motors managed to keep him from bringing it to market. It would appear that GM was not alone in their efforts to bring about his demise... they are afterall, well connected with the powers that be.

The same holds true with energy technologies and the influence that Big Oil has over the Department of Energy and other governing bodies with the power to take things public, or store them away, never to be seen again... until the time is monetarily correct.

Some technologies that come to mind are cold-fusion research and certain materials the Department of Defense controls for further development. Actually, one of these materials has made its way to the commercial sector... Liquid Metal.

http://www.liquidmetal.com/technology/

Not ironically, the compound was developed by a scientist at the California Institute of Technology, which also happened to be one of the research facilites that was granted contracts to experiment with defense related materials.

Very unique compound that doesn't have the properties of those generally found, dare I say this, hmmm... on earth.

Nice to hear from you Trouty!