Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for JetForums

History of Yacht Builders: Help Wanted

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Feb 6, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

After weeks of research, writing stories and mostly software code, we just launched the "Yacht Builders" history pages, located under the same-name link on the Front Page of YachtForums. I'd really appreciate some help on this. I've done my best to create some short histories for most of our yacht manufacturers, but many of our members have specific knowledge that I may have missed.

If you have a little time, please take a look under the Yacht Builder's names that you have an interest in, or knowledge about. I'm looking for info that may be interesting or helpful to our visitors, as well as educating the rest of us. Here's a short-cut...

http://www.yachtforums.com/yachts.php/

And please drop me a note if you have something we can add to make the histories a little more complete. Thanks so much! :)
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Past is Future.

Love it!
    Will be contributing & learning here.
    THANX!
  3. YachtForums

Come on guys... a little collective knowledge request here. Everyone can contribute.
  4. Mike M

Mike M New Member

wow, very nice job. Here's a little fact you can add to Trinity Yachts. 115 foot motoryacht Leda was the first Trinity yacht launched. It was launched in 1991 and i believe it was 97 or 98 foot. It was recently refit at Trinity, where the extension was completed. It is now a charter yacht run by Capt. Craig Cannon. He is a great guy and an excellent captain.

Mike
  5. YachtForums

Thanks Mike. Appreciate the info. I'll make that addition to Trinity's history shortly.

I'd like to from our other members too. Please, take a minute to review the history of your manufacturer of choice. Drop me a note if you have something we can add.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
  6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Next chance I get I'll do a little write up on Wally... their site is good, and there was a great little article about them recently in a mag (can't remember which).

Edit: Found the mag last night.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  7. YachtForums

Sounds good Kevin. I'll get a Wally forum started after...
  8. YachtForums

Come on guys... a little help here. Check out the histories and make sure I didn't screw anything up. :rolleyes:
  9. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I also noticed this afternoon that Molokai Straight has a pretty informative section about themselves on their site. Not to mention that their series of explorer yachts are awesome looking.... so classic!
  10. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Bit disappointed not to see Sealine in the list. Only cause that's where i did my uni placement last year :) if you need any info, i could give you some, but are there any Sealine enthusiasts on here?
  11. YachtForums

Jon,

I have Sealine on my list of manufactuers to include. There's a few more too. Give me some time on this, we've got a boat show coming up and lots of details to tend to. In the meantime, I wanted to make sure I get an "A" in my history class. ;)

Thanks!
  12. JonS

JonS Senior Member

lol, no problem! I'll be ready with my red marker to grade your work!
    :p
  13. YachtForums

Mike,

I've added the info on "Leda" to Trinity's history. Thank you! :)

Carl
  14. YachtForums

Kevin,

I'm working on the Expedition Yacht histories this week. They were the last builders to cover, as they are the most limited in production, such as Molokai Straight.

I've got a boat show to prepare for right now, but I'll get on this soon after. :)

Carl
  15. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Yeah, I saw his posts in their section.

There's just something about a really classic looking expedition yacht like those Molokai's... it's a look that will never get "dated". You can mix an exterior like those with a timeless interior ("timeless" only as long as they can fit a 50" plasma in there for me...) and have a boat that would never loose it's value simply cause a particular window shape is no longer in style, or anything like that.

Although admittedly, if I were ever able to buy an expedition yacht I'd be hard pressed not to paint it bright turquoise and letter it with NUMA across the side. LOL
  16. JonS

JonS Senior Member

LOL.

I tell you what.. it's the NUMA files that have really fed my enthusiasm for the sea, especaily because I've been pretty much landlocked all my life living in the Midlands!

Rock on CC!!

:D
  17. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS New Member

The beginning......

Where did it all begin?

The first Superyacht that came on my cornea was Rio Rita, (together with a nice story to tell).....

Huisman's rapid climb up from aluminium admirals cuppers to the most prestigious sailing yachts in the world (a nice story about Von Karajan's Helisara V exists)

Michaela Rose.....another story

That makes yachts so interesting too, they al hide their stories and little - or not so little secrets - and sometimes such a story can be told......