Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service

Foldable Radar/Sat Dome Stand

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Zud, Jul 1, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Zud

Zud Senior Member

Well I either figure how to lower the bridge clearance 1 to 1.5 feet two to three times per year or try to get two bridges raised 2.0 feet. Lets go with the lower the bridge clearance for now...

Thoughts on foldable stands for open array radar/sat dome stands.

Present boat has stand with both on it and no way will it fit, but shouldn't I be able to fold that stand (or buy new one) and get the clearance I need ???

Thanks
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I can't tell you who to go to in your area. In South Florida I'd recommend Pipewelders. I'm sure probably some arch manufacturers in your area and they should be use to this request. It just needs to be hinged. What kind of boat are you needing this on?
  3. Zud

Zud Senior Member

OB Boat is in Lauderdale, if in fact it needs more clearance it will have to be finished before it arrives at home on Lake Erie
  4. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Then I'd start with Pipewelders. They do more of that type work than anyone I know.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Pipewelders is good, another option is to buy a Seaview stand, they make some that hold both, and can order them to hinge also. Their prices are pretty reasonable and their products used by many OEM yacht manufacturers

http://www.seaviewglobal.com/en/categories
  6. Zud

Zud Senior Member

Thank you for the replies, been in touch with sea view and if boat purchase continues will commission them to build a hinged stand

Thanks,

Zud
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

If you have the height/bridge clearance to do so, I would just mount the sat tv on the hard top and put the radar and masthead light only on the stand.