Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

Costs of a 74 Fairline Squadron yacht

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by chrimurer, Mar 28, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. chrimurer

chrimurer New Member

hi
    i am interested in a yacht. until this time i am only yachting in a fresh water lake.

however i am playing with the idea to buy a Fairline Squadron 74. As I have an engineering background i would liket to operate the yacht by my own. This also to save the costs for a crew.

Can someone give me an approx estimation how mauch a longterm mooring place in the bahamas is and how long the waiting time is to get one. Further more can someone give an estimation on how much the insurance of such a vessel

thanks
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

You want to own a “yacht” but save money on crew? Yeah right. That will work.

the Bahamas is a big place so it all depends on where you ll be. Figure $3000-4000 a month for a decent marina with decent security. Power is expensive in the Bahamas as well…

insurance will depend on many many factor, nobody can give you even a wild guess. Depends on the value of the boat, where it will be kept, will it be in Bahamas during hurricane season, will the boat be left unattended for any period of time, your own experience.

you said you have yachting experience on a lake… what size boat? Sorry. What size yacht? Unless you have a lot of experience with at least 60 /65 footers you will not get insurance for a 74 without a captain
    Capt Ralph likes this.