Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking

Captain w/ 40 yrs exp seeking employment

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by CaptainCap10, Jul 21, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CaptainCap10

CaptainCap10 New Member

Capt George Roux

Objective
    Captains position on corporate or private Sportfishing or Motor Yacht. Marine consultant for TV and motion pictures

Experience
    2005 to Present
    Megabite Charters (Megabitecharters.com)
    St Petersburg, Fl

Owner
    Book Sport Fishing and Pleasure cruises
    Manage all aspects of operation including: Employees, advertising, and yacht maintenance
    Operate boats (Captain)

1999-2005
    Estes Enterprises
    Tampa, Fl

Corporate Captain “Gulf Bum”
    Handle day-to-day operation of yacht
    Arrange for lodging, transportation, and accommodations for clients
    Provision yacht and arrange for berthing for big game fishing tournaments in U.S and Caribbean

1994-1999
    Anheuser Busch
    Tampa, Fl

Corporate Captain, 47’ Buddy Davis, “Buschweiser”
    Operate yacht for day and extended trips entertaining high profile corporate clients and celebrities
    Assist in catering and entertainment for on shore events at Busch corporate complex
    Manage all aspects of boat maintenance and personnel

1990-1994
    Jim Crawford Indy Car Racing
    Tierra Verde, Fl

Corporate Captain, 52, Hatteras “Turn One”
    Operate yacht on day and extended trips for owner and friends
    Supervise all maintenance on yacht
    Handle all land based needs for clients and friends of owner

Education
    1969-1971
    St Petersburg College
    St Petersburg, Fl

USCG 100 Ton Masters License (30+ years). TWIC card, and FCC radio operators license

Personal
    Drug free, non-drinking Captain with over 40 yrs accident free operation of yachts up to 120’. Articulate, mature, Captain, experienced in dealing with high profile clients. Excellent mechanical, culinary, and communication skills. Single dad with six year old son, willing to relocate. Over 40 years experience fishing/navigating Gulf of Mexico, Bahamas, Cuba, Turks & Caicos, and Virgin Islands. Although my career has been primarily in sportfishing vessels, I will consider offers on a motor yacht as long as it's a family atmosphere with an itenerary that would work with my situation as a single dad with a young son.

I currently own and operate a small charter fishing business that is activly for sale. I need a position that offers benefits and stability that my current self employed situation doesn't.

I have also done consulting / location scouting work in the motion picture and television industry for the films "Cocoon", "Summer Rental", and TV series "Seaquest DSV".