Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta

Authorities identify man killed in Clearwater boating accident

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Captain Zemo, Sep 26, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Captain Zemo

Captain Zemo Senior Member

• By Tampa Bay Times
    CLEARWATER — Authorities identified the man who died Saturday in a boating accident in Island Estates.

Bobby Anderson, 58, was returning from a day on the water with his wife when he fell overboard while performing maintenance on the motor of his open fishing boat, said Officer James Boogaerts, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...killed-in-clearwater-boating-accident/2295152
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  2. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

Wow......

In related news, I was a crew member on a sailboat in a Classic Regatta at a highly respected yacht club near NYC last week. Of ALL the boats I observed I was the ONLY one wearing a life vest. An auto inflatable, comfy womfy didn't bother me all day.

Made me think.....
  3. Captain Zemo

It sounds like the guy was leaning over the transom when he returned after a day of boating / fishing and slipped and went overboard and that was it. Prayers to the family and friends.
  4. Captain Zemo

Some nice houses in the area.

[​IMG]
  5. RER

RER Senior Member

"Anderson fell overboard in the water behind his home in the 800 block of Island Way, hitting the motor as he went down. Anderson died from his injuries." ...I take it to mean the prop got him?