Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning

Am I being stupid to consider...

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by harrisos, Nov 1, 2010.

1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Yes, wood means work, but it looks soooo good when maintained properly. As far as your ideas for inside/outside teak, you might want to reverse that. Interior wood gets close inspection and gets little wear. Real wood will look good forever with just a little polish. Exterior wood takes work to keep up with, so I'd be more inclined to go imitation there. Just don't go half & half. I once worked a boat with a teak swim platform and cockpit, then "engineered" up the sides. Having the two side by side just made the engineered look cheap.
  2. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

After doing time with a wood boat, I'd go with steel ... and this one will work quite nicely between Seattle and Attu.

Attached Files:

3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That is a seriously gorgeous charter yacht with good history. Good taste.
  4. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Tell me about it! I was there to visit a great big shiny white over the top floating palace and saw that bow and wheelhouse peeking out from between a couple of big white boats and just about ruined my shirt drooling on the way down the dock.

If anyone had been onboard I would have been very late to work but would have had a bunch of great photos of my kind of boat. This is a real SE Alaska dreamboat for me.
  5. Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Member

Just buy a 42 Grand Banks and be done with it!!!!