Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Westport

65-70 ft semi-displacement boat for exploring Pacific Northwest

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Cayman13, Sep 28, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Cayman13

Cayman13 New Member

Hi all, we have been enjoying our 49ft Meridian in the PNW. We have been exploring the San Juan islands as well as Northern British Columbia. This summer, we realized that we would like more space (we are a family of 4 with usually another family with us). Also, I would like to have a longer range and be on the water for longer durations. Traveling to Alaska and exploring all the areas along the way is what we have in mind. Having talked to a few people and doing some research, the boats I am considering are Fleming 65, Outer Reef 650, and Hampton Endurance 658. Will prefer a boat that is about 5-10 years old and one that can go 13-15knts if needed. Any thoughts on the pros/cons? Are there any other boats I should also be considering?
  2. JadePanama

JadePanama Member

All 3 are fantastic vessels. Id say the Outer Reef and Hampton Endurance are more similar in design but all 3 will deliver on what you are looking for. They will be a dramatic upgrade from the 49 Meridian. All high quality vessels, will be able to handle these waters without issue, and will have all the systems onboard for comfort and luxury. Id also consider the Endurance 680 that is listed in Seattle as well. Been on that vessel a few times and know quite a bit about its history and it's an amazing vessel and well cared for. Scott Hauck has both the Endurances listed locally in Seattle, and knows the Seattle market extremely well. Id highly suggest talking with him if you aren't already working with someone. He's an excellent broker and good to work with. You can get on those two Endurances to see for yourself locally. Also a slightly older Fleming is nearby. I haven't seen any Outer Reefs available in that criteria at the moment locally, but I have always been a fan of them. Best of Luck!!