Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

46 Post- want to add Glendenning Cable master

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by My Affair, Jun 20, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. My Affair

My Affair Member

I have a 1988 46 Post and I want to add a Glendenning cable master. Where if you have it, does the cable coil go and if you have pictures of your installation, that would be helpful too.

My thought is to put the coil of cord in the storage area forward of the Startboard engine.

Thank you.
  2. bigg1069

bigg1069 New Member

You are correct that is where they mount it. I will try to send pics when I get down the marina tonight
  3. shawn

shawn New Member

I put the bucket in back of my Starboard engine and the unit is in front of the fuel fill hoses.
  4. My Affair

My Affair Member

Thanks!
  5. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

What engines do you have ?
  6. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

mine is above the batteries centered on the rear engine room bulkhead
  7. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    Mine too (1981/46)
  8. My Affair

My Affair Member

6-71 TIB's
  9. My Affair

My Affair Member

How does the cable get over to the centerline? I was only on one 46 that had a cable master, I believe the basket was outboard of the hot water heater located under the battery charger area.

Thanks!
  10. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

woops, sorry, after reading this a second time I realize you were referring to the cablemaster, not the engine sync.
    I don't have one.
    the cablemasters I have seen on 46Posts have been forward of the starboard engine.
  11. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

I was asking Shawn what engines he had because of where he said he installed the bucket and I don't see where it could fit. I thought maybe there was more room if you have 6-92's rather than 6-71's.
  12. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

yea, sorry, I read the post wrong, sorry
  13. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

I have 692's on a 91 46. The bucket is on the starboard side forward of the engine near the bulkhead. The cable comes straight in from the starboard cockpit hole. In out and off toggle gets wired there too.
    For all with the old yellow cable, marinco makes a replacement for that cable in White. Two part numbers are available; one is a 55' and one is a 75'. If you want the best price you can get it from CWR electronics in NJ online. Much less than Port or Lewis Marine's wholesale price.
    On my boat the breaker panel is on the port side in the salon bar. So I need about 8 or so feet of cable to get to the breaker panel from the bucket. I just bought a 75' white to replace my 5X' old yeller.

As a side, I just finished installing new polished stainless, Buck Algonquin, hawes pipes. Now my electrical cord can go through the hawes pipes and not over the top. If anyone wants more information on that project we could start another thread and I can send pictures etc.
    David
  14. My Affair

My Affair Member

Where is the Glendenning cm-7 unit? Thanks
  15. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

The CM-7 is located above the cable bucket forward of the starboard engine. The cable dumps into the bucket from above. There are extension rollers along the starboard hull allowing the cable to be strung from the connector hole in the starboard cockpit. Take a look at this diagram. http://www.glendinningprods.com/gmp...-7/Cablemaster_CM_-_Installation_Examples.pdf. If you need a picture of my installation let me know.
  16. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

Mine looks like the closed coupled diagram with the horizontal extensions
  17. My Affair

My Affair Member

Dave, if you wouldn't mind taking a couple photos, I'd appreciate seeing how they installed that. I cannot picture where the basket would go unless it's in the storage area where the washer/dryer resides on the 46'.
    Thanks!
  18. mfan46

mfan46 Member

I have a 89 46 also with the same set up as Dave it works well. I would recommend installing a remote control switch with a key fob that my wife loves.
  19. shawn

shawn New Member

Your welcome to come down to Old Saybrook to see how I did mine. I have the 671Ti I put the bucket on the outside starboard side. I did not use the bucket they supplied , I used a cut plastic 55gal so the cable would lay in it better.
  20. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

Will do. Will try to jump in there today. The storage container is in the engine room in the forward starboard location, to the right of my ac units and forward of my cockpit freezer compressor.