Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking

1983 Carver 3607 helm plates (?)

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by stoney1371, Oct 22, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. stoney1371

stoney1371 Guest

I am refurbishing a 1983 Carver 3607 and it's helm dash plates appear to have been scrubbed with steel wool - little to none of the lettering are distinguishable, and 'guessing' which switch or button does what is just not my style.
    Can anyone suggest where I might find new ones or a place that might recondition the originals?
    I have contacted Carver at their main web site but have heard nothing back from them.
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Contact a jewlery store, trophy manufacturer or any engraver. They can do it as fancy or plain as you'd like. You can screw the plates on, glue them or (my favorite) put them on with 3M double stick tape (the grey stuff with red plastic peel off backing). West Marine and many marine stores also have a wide variety of the white on black type in stock already engraved for different purposes.
  3. MysticDolphin

MysticDolphin Member

on mine.. its a 4207 ... i took them off and cut 1/4 inch oak ply with a nice teak look stain.. along with red oak on the top of the helm area.. for those that have seen it really like it.. just an idea...
  4. 1000 islands

1000 islands Member

A picture would be great
  5. mjkkemper

mjkkemper Member

I replaced mine with carbon fiber panels with blue sea systems labels back lite. Replaced the old gauges as well

Attached Files:

6. CharlieV

CharlieV New Member

Wow! She’s beautiful. Where did you buy the panels?
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I'm guessing your using a phone and don't see the dates when these threads were last updated.
    That last post with the nice picture is over 10 years old.
    It has been 4 years since he last logged on.

If your lucky, he may get an email that this thread was accessed.
    If your real lucky, he may respond.

Good luck.