Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums

1951 Chris Craft 27' Semi Enclosed Deluxe

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by Jose Elias, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Jose Elias

Jose Elias New Member

Hi

I'm a portuguese retired person and I would like to build a 1:6 Radio controlled scale model for my grand son.

The model I choosed is the 1951 Crhis Craft Semi Enclosed Deluxe 27 '

I have already some photos from the outside of the boat but just a minor and sure not enough details from the interior.

And no line drawings. I have already contacted the Mariners Museum but they have a list from which I'm not able to choose what I need because it is just a list. I'm willing to pay for the drawings, but I just need line drawings not everything that is in that list.

So could anyone of you help me to find what I need. Of course I'll pay for the drawings and mailing.

Regards

José Elias
  2. SFS

SFS Senior Member

What an amazing and thoughtful present that would be. How old is your grandson?

I cannot offer any direct help, but I hope that someone can, and I suspect you are at the right place.

Please keep us posted on your progress, and I wish you much luck in finding what you need.
  3. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

You may try contacting the Mystic Seaport in Mystic Connecticut, or the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton, New York- Both in the USA
  4. Jose Elias

Jose Elias New Member

Thanks

Thank you very much for your answer.

My grand son is 6 years old and he went to school for the first time. I promise him I would make that model he saw in the internet the 1951 27 ' Chrysalis. He lives in an Island (Terceira, Azores), near Lages USA air base.

Of course I intend to acomplish that promise no matter it costs. It will take time, first to find what I need and than make the model itself.

Regards

Jose Elias
  5. Jose Elias

Jose Elias New Member

Ken Thank you

I have already contact the Mariners Museum. I understood they have the Chris Craft Collection of plans, and they did answer in a very short time indeed. They have sent me a list with the prices and references but from the list I'm not able to identify what I need, because to make a model there are several plans I don't need. I send back a message asking them to be more specific, but till now I got no reply.

Maybe in the future days I hope.

I' will take a look in the other museums you pointed me

Best regards

José Elias