Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for MotorCheck

Mike Kajan Yacht Designs II

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Kajan, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

This thread is a continuation from the original Mike Kajan thread...

Lean and green

I made some changes to the 70m sail yacht concept and ended up with an efficient and eco friendly 60m motor yacht. The transom folds down and creates a 45 square metre swim platform and reveals the steps down to the beach club area. The mooring details at the bow are concealed below hydraulic hatches leaving the front deck clean and uncluttered. 30ft. tenders and toys are up front. Balconies on each side for the dining/lounge area and the master/study area.

Attached Files:

2. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Comparison time

Some of the latest designs.

Attached Files:

3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Kajan, the first design there reminds me a bit of the "Exuma" :)
  4. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Yes Ron, I see your point, but hopefully the principal lines of the hull and super structure of the eco concept are to be recognized in the sail concept.
    I didn’t know of the “Exuma” when posting the sail concept in February ;)

Attached Files:

5. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Selection 2

A random selection of some of the other concepts in the first thread.

Attached Files:

6. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

3 x 40m

The naval platform is the same for these concepts.

Attached Files:

7. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

The most sincere form of flattery…

MKM, this 82m concept is for you. It’s not the 111m B+V Vintage concept but rather bits and pieces from my previous concepts.
    The hull originates from the 52m canoe stern concept and the superstructure comes from the Silhouette II concept and of course the recent Down Eastern down scaled to 38ft. as tender.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  8. Wonderfully thanks Kajan, very appreciated !
  9. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

80m Explorer concept

I have a soft spot for Explorer yachts.

Attached Files:

10. Yacht News

Well I seriously thought the design inspiration from the 111M B+V
  11. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

You’re absolutely right, I was definitely inspired by the B+V concept but like Lars stated, it wouldn’t be right to make the changes to someone else’s design like the suggestion in the previous post implied, hence the bits and pieces from my own design. I kind of hinted at that in the header ;)
  12. Yacht News

I await the day that I see one of those Civilian V-22 type aircraft onboard a yacht.
  13. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Yes, me too. The aircraft in my design is the Bell/Augusta BA609 with room for up to nine passengers weighing in at about 4800 Kg empty. compared to the larger V-22’s 15 000 Kg.
    The Sikorsky S-76 that I like and frequently illustrate in my explorer concepts has an empty weight of 3200 Kg. So it shouldn’t be a weight issue keeping the BA609 off yachts once certified.
  14. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Funny, I didn't notice the V-22. My mind tends to skip overly complicated, maintenance nightmares and go straight to the good stuff, like that sweet little Delta tender. ;)
  15. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Good eye Carl. I completely missed that. It looks nice tucked in there..
  16. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Gentlemen, nice of you to notice some of the smaller details. The 28ft. tender comes from a design proposal I did some years ago.

The 28ft. Coupé concept was offered in two versions where as one had an outer steering position.
    The hull originated from an old and proven race design with 26 degree dead rise, assuring a smooth ride in most conditions. Nothing as fancy as the Delta though ;)

Attached Files:

17. Yacht News

Well there must be a reason that no body has bought one and used aboard a yacht yet. Is it that no body wants to break the mould of using convetional helicopters. Are they not yet comfortable with the tilt/rotor concept? Are they just too large and cumbersome?
  18. Yacht News

Funny enough, it reminds me of one of Lars' boats..lol that's the first thing that jumped to my mind when I saw it aboard.
  19. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

I think the V-22’s are too big and heavy and I’m not sure about the usage outside the military, but the yet to be certified, smaller and much lighter BA609 might change all that once on the market.
  20. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Ron, you’ve been down this path before :D. A long time ago in a cold country far far away, there were some people with an ambition to see an old brand back in the market. I believe Lars was involved for a while with some interesting concepts. The Delta 25 could have been a Smuggler 25 under different circumstances.

One of the ideas behind the 28 Coupé was to offer an additional steering position outside since no other manufacturer offered that in this size and with this kind of performance. There had been other Coupé solutions made on this particular hull for the Swedish Navy and Rescue teams but without the outer steering position.

The solution wasn’t that pleasing to the eye unless the forward windows were in a forward position so the idea was to change the innocent lines of the Coupé concept to a slightly meaner Patrol look. I guess the Delta resemblance isn’t that “overwhelming” on the Coupé concept.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.