Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

Zipwake on 55SS?

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by praetorian47, Jan 21, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. praetorian47

praetorian47 Senior Member

i just saw these things at the boat show and I'm interested in putting them on my boat. They say fuel improvement, I'm a bit skeptical, I don't use much tab anyway, so don't think I'll see that. I like the idea of this helping reduce roll, the only thing my wife doesn't like about the boat.

Anybody have any experience with them?
  2. JeffH

JeffH Member

There is a good article about them over on Panbo com. Great info and it looks like a nice system.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
  3. praetorian47

praetorian47 Senior Member

For my boat, I'd have to glass in the cutouts that the current bennet tabs are in, then install would be pretty trivial. Hardest part will be running the wire from the transom to the bridge (and I did a ton of those last winter, so I can do it).

The only negatives I read is that they don't work at slower speeds. under 12kts they're useless. I idle at just under 9, and have never used tabs much in the boat at all anyway, so can't imagine that being a problem. For me, if it reduced roll on plane, it would be worth it. While I'd love to save money on fuel, or get better speed, I'm skeptical on anything noticable on that from.