Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Walker

YF Quote of the Year

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Fishtigua, Dec 30, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

And the Award goes to..........?

As 2009 draws to a close, which comment, thread or quote has had you most interested?

The Bertram delamination thread was of most concern to me but pirates/Madoff/Stanford all made the news too.

So where does your vote go?
  2. 84far

84far Senior Member

the Bertram issue i think. it will have the most effect on everyone in the industry. owner, skippers, builders, naval architects, etc. everyone has stood up and taken note. it attracted a large amount of new members just to add there concern because of what happen, massive. cheers

far
  3. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Quotes from the Admiral at Yachtforums:

11/12: a Bertram 630 went down off the coast of South Carolina
    11/30: I walked away from any support we would ever see from Bertram
    12/09: Guys, there is more to this story
    12/17: YachtForums Exclusive! Pictures of the Sunk Bertram 630: "Absolutely"
    12/17: What happened here?
    12/22: This thread should bring about discovery. YF was built on the expertise and experience of well-versed members

Carl - You "absolutely" did an incredible job of bringing many issues to light. Thank you for giving all of us an opportunity to learn, share, and continue to grow and be safer in our love and appreciation for all things yacht related in a well-mannered and respected forum.

Judy
  4. rocdiver

rocdiver Senior Member

A very emphatic and heart-felt second to that sentiment!!!
    Happy and prosperous New Year to all! :cool:
    ROCKY
  5. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

Agreed, great content this year, Carl! Happy New Year!
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I spend 1000's of hours each year on YF's reviews and a boat that can't float gets all the accolades! :D

There are SO many great discussions on YF; both informative and entertaining. It would be hard to choose a dozen of them, none-the-less one. We have some exceptional members here. The knowledge among all of you is amazing. Thank you for the continuing education... and the LOL's!
  7. JWY

JWY Senior Member

That was a ROFLOL!

But, one week before the Bertram sank and the thread began, there was a thread "Purchase Advice Needed."

I responded: " A surveyor while under construction is helpful, but essential before completing purchase." and "And a good surveyor of course can comment on the quality of construction as to wiring, plumbing, tabbing, installations, insulation etc.."

Too bad the Bertram owner wasn't a YF member. Bet he is now!

Keep up the great work!

Judy
  8. ArcanisX

ArcanisX Senior Member

It is in human nature to learn from mistakes. You should be truly happy that YF is full of wise men - as the saying goes, ones trying to learn from other's and not their own.

So to YF on NY, best of luck, wish you to see the end of the decade better off then the high point you start it on!