Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for MotorCheck

Yachts in Monaco for the F-1 race?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by outfitting, May 12, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. outfitting

outfitting New Member

With F1 this weekend in Monaco, I was wondering about the yachts in the harbour. Which yachts are in the harbour during the race. Maybe someone of the forum is there, to tell us, or post some pictures.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Attached Files:

3. ok you asked; THEN here are some list:
    1. La Condamine: LAUREN L, FORTUNATE SUN, SIRAN, OKHALILA, DRIZZLE, LADY BEATRICE, SUNRAYS, MONACO, PARAMOUR, AXIOMA, 4YOU, TUGATSU, GO, COMO, LIONHEART, NERO (this is really a beautiful lady), FORCE INDIA, INDIAN EMPRESS, FORCE BLUE (explorer), PACHA III, THE ONE
    2. Fontvieille: RAHIL, CANELI, ILONA, LADY CHRISTINA, 'ZENOBIA'
    3. OFF: MAGNA GRECIA, ROMA, XANADU. ;)
  4. 84far

84far Senior Member

Force India F1 Team Owner, Dr. Vijay Mallya, his Boat is Indian Express, correct? Looks like thats there.

A few years back watching Kimi Raikkonen race, I remember his motor gave up the ghost, anyway, he just walked along the side of the track, down onto the docks, onto his boat, sat down and had a drink LOL! Great stuff!

Far

P.S. I'll be watching it - anyone else? GO Webber and Roseberg!!!
  5. For sure, if F1 has a race, then only Monaco, the rest I skip really... but not because the 'RC toys' but only because the 'really big toys'. Well, the GOLDEN SHADOW is there. She is pretty interesting because the hydro aircraft at aft, instead the 'normal' choopers.... Nice. She is OFF mainly to put the aircraft in water and see the running from top. You can immagine already.....
  6. josaver

josaver Senior Member

Would it be possible see some photos on Monday?;)

Go Alonso, Go Alguersuari, Go de la Rosa :D
  7. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I was on the T Quay today.

It was pretty full with Nero, Indian Empress, Wedge Two, Force Blue (one ugly boat that is IMO) , Siram and many others I can't remember the names of all decked out in their finery.
  8. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

LOL, :) well she is an explorer type right? I do not think she is as ugly as you have her to seem though?
  9. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

There has always been some ugly boats in Monaco ever since I was a kid in the '70s, visiting my uncle there. A lot of the old clunkers were moored up by the Yacht Club.

Money really, really doesn't buy you taste.

GO Jenson & Lewis.
  10. johntdowling

johntdowling New Member

It belongs to former F1 manager and former Benneton and Renault team manager Flavio Briatore. That is the FB is all over the boat.

Eddie Jordon has a new 130' Sunseeker. Ron Dennis has a small Apreamare. Jenson Button used to have a boat in his earlier years, but decided to ditch the "playboy" lifestyle because it wasn't helping his career and the perception of his dedication. Apparently Kimi has a boat and last year Ferrari reserve driver Giancarlo Fisichella took delivery of a Ferretti 78 footer, I believe was the size. Juan Pablo Montoya has an Azimut in the 80 foot range.

I don't follow NASCAR but apparently a large number of NASCAR drivers and owners own yachts... I think nicknamed the NASCAR Navy. A lot of Trinitys, since Trinity partner Felix Sabates is also a NASCAR team owner. Jeff Gordon had a Lazarra 106 which I think he sold.

I thought I saw Trinity's "Blind Date" there also, along with what looks like a ton of Azimut types and a handful of Benettis.
  11. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

People still watch F1? :p

Nurburgring 24h starts tomorrow...:D
  12. johntdowling

johntdowling New Member

As a mater of fact I'll be in your fine city for the Montreal Grand Prix!
  13. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

We don't miss a race... Quali at 8 Eastern...
  14. 1. i agree with you, why watching the RC cars if you can see even better things.... but taste is taste, no discussion about. I became impressed also K1W1 did not like Force Blue, well she is really a beautiful aft explorer imo ...

2. yes, Blind Date is there as well...

3. PREFERENCE: well, i tend to be different always so my list of Preference of what to be there is as follow:

3.1 NERO This classic is the best all there around this time imo
    3.2 GOLDEN SHADOW, because the hydro aircraft at aft is really unique.

I think some other interesting things are good to mention as well. Those ladies are also there
    WINDSURF, SEABOURN LEGEND, LE BOREAL (For the ones who want to see this new cruise-yacht ship look, she is there off), sailings like the ITA 'Signora Del Vento' & 'Antara' are there. Other interesting Yachts like 'HIGH CHAPARRAL', PHOENIX, MAKARENA, AUDACIA are all off. THIARA also. ;) :cool: High Speed Yacht OCEAN PEARL as well.
  15. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

'Capella C' is one of those not very pretty boats that was always parked up in the corner by the Yacht Club. A couple of the crew used to look after my Moto Guzzi while I was away on charter.

The first time I went to get the keys back, I walked up the Port side deck to knock on the crew door (on most yachts, its Port for crew and Starboard for owners). A very well dressed Aussie chap, well lets say he had at least put a shirt on, answered the door with whisky on the rocks in hand

. "Oh Hi, mate" he said "You need the other side for the crew." with that, he locked the door and wondered off to the galley looking for more ice. I'm guessing it was the Owner.

Like all good Italian bikes, the electrics had failed and the battery was as flat as a pancake on the Guzzi; so a couple of the crew had to bump-start me up the quay, while the Owner stood on the aftdeck laughing his ass off as the bike popped and farted into life. It was a very tentative trip back to Juan Les Pins that night.
  16. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

"Capella C" looks like she has tumors growing out of the head.
  17. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Good stuff! Enjoy the weekend. :)
  18. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

John Merrick from the 'Elephant Man' springs to mind. :D
  19. Flubber

Flubber New Member

Sure I saw Maltese Falcon in the marina as well
  20. FullaFlava

FullaFlava New Member

[​IMG]