Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Delta Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

Yachts in Juneau

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by DaveT, Aug 23, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DaveT

DaveT New Member

I'm going to post yachts visiting the Auke Bay harbor in Juneau. I've missed a few this summer but I'll try to keep current from now on. I'm sorry about the relatively poor appearance of some pictures: it's overcast in Juneau most of the time and my pictures are taken from my apartment deck. Sill they show the context of the Auke Bay harbor and its mostly working boats.

The Maximus II arrived on August 21 and left the next day.
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47846&stc=1&d=1314157804
    The Lady M II arrived today, August 23.http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47847&stc=1&d=1314157804

Attached Files:

2. lobo

lobo Senior Member

Great - thank you!

The green hulled yacht off the stern of Lady M: is that Chinook Post?
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Welcome to YF Dave. "it's overcast in Juneau most of the time" Have hope. When I was there several years ago I got a sunburn. It hadn't rained for something like 13 days. :)
  4. DaveT

DaveT New Member

Thanks for the welcomes. This looks to be an interesting site.

The green hulled yacht is the Umiak V. I've only been taking note of the really big ones in the harbor but maybe I'll have to look at the relatively smaller boats too.
  5. DaveT

DaveT New Member

Surfbird and Dream

Two big yachts in Auke Bay today: Surfbird and Dream. Surfbird is the smaller one on the left. The solo image is Dream (51.75 meters)

Attached Files:

6. DaveT

DaveT New Member

July 2013 Auke Bay yachts

I've haven't been keeping track of the smaller yachts but there's been a couple of bigger ones in Juneau this month. The Lady Christine (68 meter) has been tied up for a couple of weeks now. It was the first one this year that met my criterion of being big enough to carry a helicopter. A few days after it got in, a really big one, the Vibrant Curiosity showed up; my definition of this size is one that's too big to tie up and has to stay out in the harbor.

The first picture of the Vibrant Curiositywas in the local paper, the Juneau Empire, as I don't have a long lens to get a decent shot of boats out in the harbor. The second picture is my shot of the Lady Christine and the third is my shot showing the Vibe and part of the Chris.

Attached Files:

7. 'RoundTheHorn

'RoundTheHorn Senior Member