List Your Boat List Your Boat Click for Lurssen Click for Walker Click for Cheoy Lee

YachtForums Yacht Sales - Community Based Yacht Brokerage

Discussion in 'The Mile-Out Club' started by YachtForums, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Welcome Home Alfred!
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Sure would love to see more participation from some of you members from days past as those of us newer here I'm sure could learn a lot. Great to just see your posts here and gain a glimpse into your knowledge and experience.
  3. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Thanks buddy, good to be back. Hope you are enjoying the southern summer. :)
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Welcome back Alfred! Your absence on YF was most noticeable. Greatly appreciate the feedback.
  5. Hawk

Hawk Senior Member

Hi Carl, thanks for those kind words, and yes it has been a long time since I posted on YachtForums but as you mentioned I have been lurking and keeping up-to-date with the goings-on on the forum.
    As we discussed at the Fort Lauderdale boat show, life and work is keeping me very busy over in Vietnam but I hope this new endeavor you are undertaking proves to be successful.
    Not to throw all brokers in the same bathtub, but there are a lot of sharks out there, but I think your well-deserved reputation within the industry will go a long way in making a brokerage arm successful

Jim
  6. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Thanks Carl, it is really good to be back home on the forums. I have a lot of catch up to do, a lot has been going on around in the industry and on the forums. Yet can't find the like button on the posts!

How is the "Dictater" software going for you? I sure need something like it nowadays!

Back to the subject, the idea clicks so well with me! Especially after reading more opinions, (Great awareness as usual from all the guys), and checking an e-mail from, since we are in private quarters I can disclose this, from 4yacht inc, I remember unsubscribing the mailing list back in 2009! Yet got this subject from them "138 Meter Super Yacht Rising Sun Sinks"!!!!!!!!! A cheap leg pull to read that it went down the large yacht rank scale, you can have a look here http://www.4yacht.com/blog/458-138-meter-superyacht-rising-sun-sinks This is supposed to be a professional yacht sales website! I find it repulsive. So Carl your work will be the next best thing for delivering a true, consumer doodoo free level of service, and linking it to the forums will sure appeal to buyers and sellers alike, not sure about brokers and sellers that like to blur images intentionally.

Best of luck to you and all.

Cheers.
  7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Yep, that's Craig Timm. He was somewhat notorious for the buzz he created with a rendering of the world's largest GigaYacht he placed on eBay several years ago, near the height of the market. A couple of news sites picked it up and it went viral. Then he tried to duplicate the buzz all over again last year with yet another "world's largest & most expensive" gigayacht proposal. PR NewsWire ran the story with a couple of digital flyers Craig made up...

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ollar-yacht-at-222-meters-7284-277737781.html

Ironically, Craig contacted me around 2010, maybe 2011. Can't remember. He had shut his office down in Lauderdale, moved to Ocala and was desperate to sell a boat, probably to fund his Ferrari Testarossa with a turbine engine project. It was Frankenstein to F-car purists, but it would have generated more buzz for him.

Anyhow, back on subject... Craig proposed a 50/50 commission split with me in order to have an exclusive 4Yacht banner on YachtForums. This wasn't the first offer I've had from brokers. Merle Wood offered me a substantial sum for a full-time, top banner position on YF. Obviously I declined both of them.

In the back of my mind, I was already contemplating YFYS. While I knew I could bring something unique to brokerage; commissions weren't my motivation. Building a better resource that brings about positive change is the real reward. I've been doing this alone for many years and need to hire help to get away from the keyboard; get out in the real world. If YFYS facilitates this, then this is the way forward.