Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

Yacht Controller trouble

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Trak, Jun 19, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Trak

Trak Member

I have a Yacht Controller installed on my 2008 Cheoy Lee. Both the main control box and the wireless remote will power up and pair with each other. When I try to actuate the controls remotely, they do not work and I get no lights on the main box. Anyone have any experience with this?
  2. Sea Gull

Sea Gull Member

I had problems like this once. My YC is set up in what might be a non traditional way with two Carling panel switches at each helm station. The first switch is a normal on-off switch that turns the system on or off. The second switch is a momentary on type. Once the master and remote are paired, the second switch is pressed twice (but sometimes 3-4 times) to take control using the YC.

The problem I had was with the momentary switch on my flybridge. It was slightly corroded which prevented good contact. A little cleaning and some corrosion block did the trick.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Sometimes one helm needs to be activated in order for the yacht controller to work. On one boat the lower helm needed to be activated (as that's where they usually tie in their wiring) in order for the yacht controller to work.
  4. Trak

Trak Member

Yes, on my boat the upper helm needs to be activated. The YC is wired into the upper helm. Problem is that even though the remote is paired, the lights on the main control box do not light up when a button is actuated.