Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker

What is this??

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by amalfi coast, Jul 10, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. amalfi coast

amalfi coast New Member

24E50058-35C8-47DB-825F-95777088B182.jpeg 6B8BEE41-D461-48F1-A0EC-49A50E059B76.jpeg
    Hello,
    I live on the Amalfi Coast, I see a lot of amazing boats here. Last week the Flying Fox was here for example.
    However today I saw something that completely mesmerised me to the point I actually joined this forum - can anybody identify it please? It looked like an arcing dolphin with its tail in the water. Also it has a colour flip from light silver to slate grey, again like a dolphin maybe.
    Thank you very much.
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

Ocean Emerald maybe, built by Rodriguez. Google "Ugly Yachts" and you'll find it.
    Ken Bracewell and rtrafford like this.
  3. amalfi coast

amalfi coast New Member

I seeā€¦. Designed by Sir Norman Foster no less.

Thank you for your kind and prompt reply.
  4. RER

RER Senior Member

Sure. No problem.
  5. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

First hit!! :D
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

These yachts were called the Yacht Plus class of vessels and they were actually supposed to be quite a few of them built...which at the time was absurd...and still is absurd. Only three of the lot managed to get build and went into service. This scheme was more akin to the 8 R-Class cruise ships that were built by Renaissance Cruises between 1998 and 2001. The Yacht Plus vessels were designed by Sir Norman Foster and called "Ocean Emerald", "Ocean Pearl" and "Ocean Sapphire" These were envisioned to be used under a fractional ownership manner.
    amalfi coast and chesapeake46 like this.
  7. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor