Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport

What is the usual daily salary for a delivery mate?

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by Stranstar, Mar 3, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Stranstar

Stranstar New Member

Hi all, what would be the fair daily salary for a freelance Mate/Watchkeeper on a 120 footer from France to Ft. Lauderdale??
    Thanks
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I would say around $250 USD a day considering it's a trans-atlantic and you're underway 24/7, including all expenses. $200 absolute bare minimum a day, could be as high as $300 a day..... I use a lot of daily mates, but usually under 100' and just for a day...or a delivery but stopping every night in a marina......or once in a while 24/7 deliveries
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I would agree with CaptJ if it is a door to door run. Make sure you are also getting a ticket out if the US as a part if the deal and you have a US VIsa if you are not a citizen or Green Card holder.

You could also maybe bump up your total gain if you can agree to be on for say a month and the delivery takes 1/2 this, gives you the next two weeks to look around after work and a place to eat and sleep.

Is it a motorboat or rag flapper you are going on?
  4. Stranstar

Stranstar New Member

Thanks both Capt J and K1W1.

Yes, it is a door to door delivery, with a few stops for fuel.

K1W1, it is a motor yacht.

Thanks again for your opinions!