Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for JetForums

We're moving the server...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Mar 31, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Our main frame is being shut down tonight while we move our offices. We're switching the site to our back-up / remote server on the west coast during the interim, so there may be a few minutes (hopefully not hours) that you will recieve a database error when accessing the site. (around 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM EST)

This should be seamless... but nothing ever goes according to plan. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Carl
  2. YachtForums

OK... the server is moved, the main frame is back online and the remote is de-activated. Glad to say... everything is working nominally.

Thanks to everyone for your patience... :)

Carl
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Well done! For me it was flawless all the time I was up... :)

Since you are an NSX-guy you might have seen this already, but others with a fast connection can have some (a lot of) exotic cars to look at and dream of in between the yachts....
    http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48123
  4. YachtForums

Glad to hear the transition was seamless from your end. It wasn't without some challenges from this end.

For those not familiar, YachtForums requires 5 different software programs, each of them equally as complex and sophisticated as AutoCad (of which I'm fairly fluent). Learning one of them takes the better part of year. Combining all of them... well, that's a little harder. ;)

On NSX-Prime...

It's run by a guy named "Lud", and he's done an exceptional job with that site. I was a member for a number of years, as I had two NSX's. The site is a "prime" example of an informative and fun forum.

For anyone considering an NSX, I've got a fair amount of experience with them. Attended some club rally's, made some mods and I know most of the quirks (very few) associated with them. E-mail me if you have any questions. :)

Lars... thank you for looking after the site!