Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

Website about Moonen yacht problems & issues

Discussion in 'Moonen Yacht' started by Graff, May 11, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Graff

Graff New Member

Has anyone seen the website at... http://www.moonengame.com/why.html

The work put into the site is so incredible and asks the question - is Moonen in an attempt to grow too fast now in decline. We know that building a boat is not easy, but this site is something else. Does anyone know anything about this site?

Attached Files:

2. Cazp

Cazp New Member

I don’t believe anything of it. And I wonder why this is sticking on top too, seems like anonymous defamation which does not belong here. The site is from a decade ago and the current team/owners of the yard have nothing to do with it anyway. I’m sure these boats are excellent.
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

And the questions brought up in 2011 were valid and proved to be quite predictive. Moonen continues with the bankruptcy of 2019 and new owners as of August 2019. So now under ownership of an Australian couple and searching for business. I have looked carefully at Moonen in the past but always had the fear that the only way I'd get my boat finished would be as an owner of the company. Today, I'd have to talk directly to the current owners and management and see some financials before I'd invest in getting a boat built by them. I regret having to say that, but too many small boat builders struggle to survive. They need sales which they don't have.

Right now, they have two boats being built. YN199 for delivery in 2020 and YN200 available for delivery in 2021. Neither of those boats is sold. Now where I praise them is they're building speculatively and if they finish one unsold then that does relieve the fear of not getting a build you order completed. Perhaps even as they get these two closer.

Their one boat is 119'. It looks like a nice boat. However, I don't know if they have a future or not. Now, you're the one who brought this thread back to the top and the questions haven't gone away.