Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for MotorCheck Click for YF Listing Service

we are a captain / mate team / couple

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by Lucky guy, Sep 19, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Lucky guy

Lucky guy New Member

Hi,

we're a cruising couple,(38 / 28) with experience on our private sailboat(40', caribbean and atlantik ocean / sargasso sea) for two years and afterwards half a year on our private motroyacht (65' Hatteras, Gulf of Panama. Panama Canal, Caribbean)
    having spent 2 years in the caribbean and on the atlantik, and having to fix all our problems on our own, I've extended my skills as a carmeachanic onto marine-mechanic, I'd say.
    My girl has done a lot of scrubbing, varnishing, poiling and cooking work aboard our vessels, and together we managed to stay afloat and have a good time.
    we may not be the salty dogs with 500k miles on the horizon, and we don't have any US certifications, but my dutch boatlicenses allow me to captain any pleasure boat on inner and outer waters. I've also aquired my radio and navigation license, as well as my sailing licenses for cabin yachts.

Honestly spoken, I think people need to lean themselves how to do it by just doing it, but we'll gladly help them along the way, and assume responsabilities for the time they need to get experienced. Our prices are accordingly, and we're available as per direct, having sold our motorvessel, we are looking for a new sailing boat, but we're not in a hurry.

PM if you have any needs we could attend to.

Thanks and cheers !