Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

Volvo penta electronic control with trim evc-d, twin installation

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Sandip, Oct 19, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Sandip

Sandip New Member

Volvo penta electronic control with trim evc-d, twin installation
    Hi...
    I want to change trim switch for Volvo penta electronic control with trim evc-d, twin installation, engine-D4-225A-E speed boat.
    Pls guide.

Attached Files:

2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Sadly, it looks like spare parts for the controls are no longer available from Volvo.

Are you sure it is the switch that has failed? Have you tested the rest of the trim system to see if all parts of the unit are working? Have you tried swapping the Port and Starboard switches over to see if one works? Has a Volvo mechanic checked it with a Vodia diagnostic tool?

Other than that, a new control may be needed. One off ebay is around $1000.

http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/volvo-penta-explodedview-7746200-27-36143.aspx
  3. Sandip

Sandip New Member

Thanks for your quick reply.
    Yes i have checked the trim switch carefully.trim decrease button of the switch is damaged.can only the switch be ordered from volvo penta ?
  4. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

No, it looks like it's been stopped as a separtate part (complete handle too).

One way is to take the switch apart and see if it has any markings/numbers printed on it and try to match it with the wonders of Google.
  5. Sandip

Sandip New Member

6. Sandip

Sandip New Member

Yes...
    Thanks for your reply.i appreciate it a lot.
    As you said,if only switch is not available in the market ,I will try repairing and replacing the soft push button on the tiny switch pcb and make it a modified workable switch