Click for JetForums Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Delta

Visas for the French West Indies - Info

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by reidsatsea, Jan 22, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. reidsatsea

reidsatsea New Member

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year to you all. I can't believe that January is almost over - I haven't been on YF in over a month - been working too hard.

I'm on the hunt for some information on visas for the French West Indies. I know as Americans most of you don't need them, so I'm looking for any other South Africans out there who have been through this process.

We are trying to get visa for the FWI but do not have an exact itinerary to present to the French Consulate. The owner cannot commit to an itinerary so far in advance.
    How do we get around this?
    Does anyone know if they issue visas for multiple entries say over a year?
    Has anyone had a similar experience?

We are due to fly thru Miami fairly soon, and I was hoping to get these visas taken care of, but if they're only going to give me a month.... I'd rather leave it until closer to the time.

Thanks in advance!
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

3. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Hi

When i was working on the boats in the USA we went to the French West Indies and i did not have a visa. I got a visa when the authorities came onboard. You have a bit more leeway when working on a boat but flying in then you will be required to apply for a visa before entry. I must say it has been a while since the last time is was there.

GrahamF