Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

viking tach replacements

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by daydreamer4, Jul 16, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. daydreamer4

daydreamer4 New Member

I have a 50 viking 1996.The 4" VDO tachs went out.They are hooked to my glendenning.VDO has no replacements.Anyone had same problem?
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The Glendenning system won't know if your tachs are 4" or 4mm the tach generator on the engine will send a signal to the Glendenning that tells it what speed the engine is doing.

Find out from your Glendenning System Literature or dealer what signal it needs to receive and then search for Tachs with that suit, you might have to make adapter rings if the tachs you get are a lot smaller but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Are you sure it's the tachs that are done and not the generator units on the engines?

Have a look here you might find the answers you are looking for.

http://www.glendinningprods.com/sync.html
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

talk to Lauderdale speedometer in Fort Lauderdale. They rebuild the older VDO tachs. They also make custom bezels so that the new smaller tachs (I think the largest vdo makes is 3 7/8" or something like that) will fill the hole that the VDO 4" tachs took up. I believe I have 1 that is used and worked perfectly for a reasonable price, if you need it PM me.