Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko

Viking Rising

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Greg Roy, May 16, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Greg Roy

Greg Roy New Member

I bought this poorly maintained, beautiful Viking maiden with the goal of restoring her to her former glory. I budgeted heavily and added 30% to that for unforeseen. So far I've not been too far off. She's been gutted for the most part and the bilge has been stripped of years of oil/fuel spills and poorly maintained sanitation system overflows. I've removed all the hull blisters, and have been repairing her pock-mocked body. The goal is to splash her within the next 60 days, and move her to my house where I'll complete the interior. The pics show various stages of blister repair and the beginning of the repaint. I'll add more as the project progresses. I'm removing the swim platform and will be putting it up for sale if anyone has an interest. Happy boating!

Viking2.jpg Viking051622pic1.jpg Viking051622pic2.jpg Viking051622pic3.jpg Viking051622pic4.jpg
    chesapeake46 likes this.
  2. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

So you took this on as an investment with intention to flip it? Brave soul! :):)
  3. Greg Roy

Greg Roy New Member

No, not to flip it. I'm going to spend Jan - May in the Bahamas, the Keys, maybe Mexico in it. The rest of the year it'll be used around the Charlotte Harbor area
  4. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Oh sorry, you are only selling the swim platform. I misread your post, my bad.
  5. Greg Roy

Greg Roy New Member

More progress on the blistered hull and pics of the swim platform that's going up for sale Viking0519pic4.jpg Viking0519pic3.jpg Viking0519pic5.jpg Viking swimplatform4.jpg Viking swimplatform1.jpg
    chesapeake46 likes this.
  6. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Blistered hull you say. Looks more like swiss cheese to me. You've got your work cut out for you.
  7. Greg Roy

Greg Roy New Member

It's already done, that's an older pic.
  8. MexicoBoating

MexicoBoating New Member

Thank you for sharing, is there any Update? Wondering how the Boat ended.