Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Walker

Viking Rear doors, replacing weather striping

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by jetawave, Mar 16, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jetawave

jetawave New Member

Hi, Has anyone replaced the weather striping on the rear sliding door on a 1976 35' Viking? I am not sure if they can be replaced in place or if I have to remove the doors. Also the fixed panels, Has anyone ever removed these or can the weather striping be replaced in place. If anyone has any information I would vary appreciative.

Thanks, Gary
  2. roadking110

roadking110 New Member

rear door fix

I redid my my doors. I used a different top track (read that available)and put small wheels to keep the bottom of the doors at the right angle. I got rid of the bottom track. Water would collect in the track and there is a hole to let the water drain into the bildge,which caused some floor rot. I dammed the track up with A brown thyicol caulk. Then I cut out the aft facing sill, so now the water simplely sheds to the rear deck.
  3. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

I suggest, take out the glass sliders and upgrade to a single door and bulkhead with window.
    I bet in the end it will be about as much work and look really nice when done