Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Delta

Viking 63 MY questions (1990 built)

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Pascal, Jan 13, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i'm helping a new owner with a 1990 built, viking 63MY and i have a few questions that are left unanswered by the "light" owners manual...

unfortunately there are no blue prints or serious diagrams (wiring, plumbing, etc...). he's going to check with Viking but in the meantime, knowing how good YF is, i'm sure someone may have the answer!

1)- the boat has a 1000USG primary fuel tank under the master, as well as an optional fuel tank under the forward SR. there is no mention or info on the optional fuel tank. previous owner/broker mentioned 400USG, but i'd like to verify that nr.

2)- according to the manual, the water tank is under the forward SR... this one, because of the of the aux fuel tank has the water tank under the master bed. any idea of the capacity?

3)- same question with the hodling tank, it's not in the ER as per the plan but next to the aux. fuel tank forward... capacity unknown...

4)- any idea where the holding tank vent may be? i've opened every hatch, and panel i can find and no luck.. i want to know if it has a filter.

thks guys!!
  2. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Viking spec's

Pascal, my 55' '89 MY does not have an auxiliary tank, so can't help you there, but FWIW, my waste tankage is 65 gallons, and water tankage is 300 gals. Holding tank vent is at the waterline, stb. side just forward of the 2 AC discharge ports.
  3. dawgmode

dawgmode New Member

Greetings Pascal, I captain a 63' as well. The primary tank holds 1080gals,the fresh water is 350gals and about 60gal for the waste. This is the first time I've herd they had an option for an aux fuel tank. Also as captainwjm posted, the vent is in the same position on the 63. Last, your pretty much wasting your time trying to deal with Viking for any info on this model, been there, done that....