Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

Viking 48 or 52

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Boonebird, Apr 9, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Boonebird

Boonebird New Member

I have a friend I am trying to help do some research on this two boats he looking at new like 2006 and newer. What kind of help can you give us ? On fuel burn the diffrences in boats? We mainly run about 110 miles to the canyon offshore fish about 8 to 10 trips a year. Thanks for any help that can be given.Will l
  2. MSviking

MSviking New Member

I own a 54C Viking. In my opinion, all things being equal, bigger is almost always better until you get too big to run by yourself. Reality things are rarely equal. Hire a respected well know surveyor for both the boat and engines.

good luck
  3. captaintilt

captaintilt Senior Member

What are the engines in the boats you are looking at? CAT, MAN's, or maybe small MTU's. I manage a 52' Cabo Express with the MAN's. It is extremely efficient for the size and weight, and they are great engines until they break. It's been somewhat difficult to find a reputable technician in the Florida Panhandle that doesn't charge rediculous prices, or have to wait multiple days to get in the correct parts.